Title: Accountant/ Senior Accountant Requirement
Business Group: Business Services Group – Finance
Work Location: 41 Victoria Street, Gatineau, Quebec
Brookfield Renewable is one of the core businesses under Brookfield Asset Management (“Brookfield”), one of the world’s leading alternative asset managers. Brookfield operates in over 30 countries and manages over $600 billion of
tangible assets focused on real estate, infrastructure, renewable power, private equity and credit. Brookfield is publicly listed on the NYSE and TSX.
Brookfield Renewable is one of the world’s largest owners, operators and developers of renewable power, with $59 billion of power assets under management. Our portfolio of hydropower, wind, utility-scale solar, distributed generation, and storage assets extends across North America, South America, Europe, India and China, totalling over 24,000 megawatts of capacity and nearly 6,000 generating facilities globally. Leveraging over 120 years of operating experience and industry-leading innovation, we drive value across our extensive clean energy platform and deliver
innovative renewable power solutions that accelerate the world towards a low-carbon future. Our value extends well beyond the clean energy we produce to fuel a sustainable, growing economy. From our extensive renewable power fleet, we make positive economic, social and environmental impacts in the communities where we live and work.
At Brookfield Renewable, we attract and retain high-performing individuals who are interested in making an impact and
being part of a fast-paced and collaborative environment. Join our team to contribute to the success of one of the fastest-growing and largest publicly traded, pure-play renewable power platforms in the world while supporting decarbonization and greater energy sustainability to facilitate the global transition to a net-zero economy.
Brookfield Renewable is looking for an Accountant who enjoys a fast-paced environment and can multi-task in a growing Accounting department. As an Accountant under our Business Services Group, you will maintain proper ledgers, registers, accounts, journals, and similar financial records. In this role, you will regularly collaborate with members of Brookfield’s Business Services Group Accounting team and support the Senior Accountant.
We welcome dedicated and team-oriented individuals passionate about being an integral part of our dynamic organization and helping it thrive. We are looking for people who are interested in both professional and personal growth!
What we offer
• Competitive salary, bonus, benefits from day 1, paid time off, Defined Contribution Pension Plan
• Opportunity for growth and development
• Exposure to different businesses, geographies, and teams
• A collaborative, open, dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Free onsite gym
• Take ownership of the day-to-day accounting and financial close process for a portfolio of trading,
operating, financing, and holding companies;
• Prepare timely and accurate journal entries as required in completing the month-end, quarter-end and
year-end close process;
• Maintain, monitor and reconcile monthly general ledger reconciliations and documentation;
• Perform bank and other account reconciliations
• Prepare and process intercompany and external customer invoices and settlement of intercompany
• Account for PPE additions and disposals and maintain CWIP and fixed asset schedules.
• Work with the Senior Accountant to support other departments such as Financial Reporting, Financial
-Planning Analysis and Consolidation in achieving successful internal and external reporting through providing variance analysis and supporting their understanding of the Accounting records.
• Prepare Canadian and US sales tax returns as required
• Generate monthly financial reports and quarterly reporting packages
• Provide year-end audit support to auditor questions and requests;
• Attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines, particularly around month and quarter-end close;
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage and prioritize competing responsibilities while
working in a very fast-paced, dynamic, high-volume team environment;
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to apply sound professional judgment under pressure;
• Strong communication skills are required;
• Flexibility to work additional hours when needed at the quarter end or during peak periods;
• Experience with Financial Systems such as IFS, Blackline and Cognos Controller or similar systems will be
• 3+ years experience performing full-cycle accounting
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent in relevant work experience;
• CPA designation or very near completion;
• Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles (IFRS and US GAAP is an asset);
• Strong MS Excel skills (including vlookup and pivot tables) with the ability to learn new systems quickly.
• Experience in working in a publicly listed company (in the US or Canada) will be considered an asset.
Brookfield Renewable has a strong culture focuses on collaboration and values in-office interactions.
We believe that it is beneficial for employees to be in the office to ensure that we provide the appropriate training and coaching, facilitate real-time learning through direct interactions with colleagues and senior leaders via our open-concept environment, and accelerate the integration of new employees into our teams. As we transition back to the office, we
are currently offering a hybrid work environment with a minimum of 3 days in the office, and we will reassess the approach on an as-needed basis.
Brookfield Renewable embraces and promotes the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Indigenous peoples and other persons of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions. We also provide accommodation during all parts of the hiring process upon request. If contacted to proceed with the recruitment process, please advise us if you require any accommodation.