COAT CHECK ATTENDANT – VISITOR EXPERIENCE
Competition number: J1123-0048
Department: Visitor Experience. ⋅
Status: Part-Time Continuing
Hours: As required (evenings, weekends, weekdays and holidays)
Annual/hourly salary: $16.65 (position with benefits and pension plan)
Closing date: December 3, 2023.
Anticipated start date: ASAP
Introducing the National Arts Centre
The National Arts Centre (NAC) is Canada’s bilingual, multi-disciplinary home for the performing arts. The NAC presents, creates, produces, and co-produces performing arts programming in various streams—the NAC Orchestra, Dance, English Theatre, French Theatre, Indigenous Theatre, and Popular Music and Variety—and nurtures the next generation of audiences and artists from across Canada. The NAC is located on the traditional, unceded, unsurrendered territory of the Anishinabe Algonquin Nation.
At the National Arts Centre, we believe the performing arts are vital to the human experience. A house of dreams for the Canadian performing arts, we work with artists and arts organizations from across this land to revitalize our sector.
Curious to learn more? Read our 2023-2026 Strategic Plan, The Journey Ahead.
Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, Anti-Racism and Accessibility
We are on a journey, committed to ensuring that equity, diversity, inclusion, accessibility, anti-racism and reconciliation with Indigenous peoples will guide our actions.
The NAC welcomes applications from candidates who can help us meet our vision, and contribute to the diversity of lived experiences, perspectives, and approaches. When you join the NAC, you will be part of an inclusive community working hard to dismantle barriers to employees’ well-being, access, potential, and success. The NAC actively seeks candidates who identify as women, Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour (IBPoC), members of 2SLGBTQIA+ communities, and people with disabilities. We encourage you to self-identify in the recruitment process.
Coat Check Attendants are responsible for supervising and securing the coats, handbags, boots, and other articles left by the public visiting the National Arts Centre.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Greeting guests in both official languages; • Remitting tickets to patrons; • Looking after coats and other personal effects before shows, receptions, and special events. Returning said items upon conclusion of these events; • Informing guests about wayfinding, where to find the washrooms, among others; • Ensuring that the Coat Check area remains clean and orderly, ensuring that all items are always secure; • Collect payment for Coat Check services and make deposits; • Participate in the nightly briefing alongside the ushers for information about ticket sales, latecomer cues, program distribution and other general information; • Restocking the necessary tools for service, such as depot envelopes, coat check tickets, etc. • Posting the correct signage; • Ensuring that they have keys and cash before service; • Perform related tasks.
• Bilingual in both official languages (English and French);
• High school diploma;
• A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a similar position and dealing with the public with a focus on customer service;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work under pressure in a busy environment;
• Tact, diplomacy, and discretion;
• Team spirit;
• Light physical effort might be required.
Who can apply:
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens.
As part of NAC’s interview process, in-person interviews may be required. Please ensure to have the most up-to-date information on your résumé including your current email address.
The National Arts Centre (NAC) is committed to inclusive employee recruitment and selection. The NAC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the selection process, please inform us as soon as possible and we will make every effort to fulfill your accommodation request.
The successful candidate will be required to provide the original or a certified true copy of their education credentials as appropriate, along with proof of a valid Background Check as a condition of employment.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted by us.
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and résumé online through the “Career Opportunities” section of our website at https://nac-cna.ca/en/careers.
CONNECT WITH US! LinkedIn
Facebook Twitter Instagram