Facilities & Operations AdministratorFull Time
Facilities & Operations Administrator
Location: Ottawa, Ontario • Category: Full-time, permanent • Job Type: In Office
Choose Local, Choose Welch LLP
Welch LLP is ideal for professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit. Welch offers its employees invaluable prospects: possibility for growth and advancement; variety to explore different career paths; opportunity to specialize and deepen skills; and flexibility of work-life balance to enjoy family and personal interests.
Grounded in a values-led culture (care, impact, empower), Welch is focused on creating a diverse and inclusive environment, nurturing women in leadership, and supporting its surrounding communities. At Welch, we know our employees are our number one asset. It is our people that enables Welch LLP to be a firm like no other.
National Firm expertise, with the value and service of a small firm
Established in 1918, Welch evolved from a single office to the largest locally-owned and operated firm in the region. With 12 offices and over 300 people across Ontario and Western Quebec, Welch LLP has deeps roots in the communities it serves. Welch ranks as the 14th largest accounting firm in Canada and continues to grow.
Headquartered in Ottawa, the key to Welch’s success is continually evolving to meet the needs of its employees, clients and the marketplace. With a full suite of professional services, ranging from traditional assurance to expert business advisory, our clients respect and value the firm’s expertise and commitment to exceptional service. Welch’s clientele is as varied as the economic landscape, ranging from start-ups to large, multi-divisional privately-held companies, not-for- profit organizations and public sector entities.
About the Opportunity
As a Facilities & Operations Administrator, you will be responsible for various on site administrative tasks that benefit the entire firm. You must be able to work independently and have the ability to handle a variety of responsibilities in a professional manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Type and produce various documents, including letters to the CRA, IRS and Revenue Quebec
- Manage the physical file archives, including keeping an up-to-date inventory of off-site files and purging inventory on an annual basis
- Responsible for mail for the firm, including distributing mail to mailboxes and mail runs
- Prepare various parcels for delivery and arrange couriers
- Act as primary back-up to our receptionist
- Act as back-up for paper filing
- Order kitchen and office supplies and ensure the stock is maintained
- Perform various other administrative duties such as printing, filing, and other duties as assigned
- Monitor Facilities inbox and address issues with Landlord
- FOB and Parking Administrator
- Participate in H& S meetings and address issues brought up
- Ordering of supplies and inventory management
- Completion of secondary school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in an administrative or clerical role
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to handle high demand situations during peak periods
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; French skills would be an asset
Welch LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.