The Ottawa Hospital: Inspired by research. Driven by compassion
The Ottawa Hospital Research Institute is the research arm of The Ottawa Hospital and an affiliated institute of the University of Ottawa. With more than 1,700 scientists, clinician investigators, trainees and staff, and total revenues of more than $100 million, we are one of the foremost Canadian hospital-based research institutes. We are investigating virtually every major disease and condition, with a focus on answering important health questions and translating our findings into benefits for patients and society.
This position supports the technical infrastructure and framework for the provincial website www.transfusionontario.org , for the Ontario Regional Blood Coordinating Network ensuring the site is maintained as a customer-focused market forward program resource.
- Website administrator program certificate
- 3 years of related experience with managing/developing websites
- Experience with CSS and HTML coding
- Self-directed but able to work well in a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experienced in the use of computer programs such as word processing, excel, power-point, and word-press
- Familiarity with MS Access, Adobe, Photoshop, formatting programs (such as CanVa), Captivate and Mailchimp,
- Strong understanding of communications, marketing and customer service principles
- University or College Degree
- Fluent in English language, bilingual (French) language is an asset
- Google Analytics is an asset.
- Basic knowledge of the blood system in Canada (blood collection/blood transfusion) is an asset
- Marketing and design experience an asset
- Development of presentations/preparation of publications experience an asset
This is a 1-year Full-time position
Min:$ 27.075- Max: $36.728
Comments to Applicant:
Please send a complete CV with a description of relevant experience:
A participant must be:
• New to Canada within the past 5 years.
• Starting his/her first work opportunity with a Canadian bioeconomy/healthcare employer; and
A participant must fall into one of the below categories:
• must be a Canadian citizen
• Or have permanent residency status.
• Or have refugee status
• Or Ukrainian newcomers to Canada by way of the CUAET can qualify, so long as they (1)hold a valid Canadian work permit and (2)can show proof of foreign credentials (in the case of regulated professions e.g. pharmacy, medical practice etc.) if asked.
Candidates would have a 4-month contract with the possibility of renewal for another 4 months.