System AnalystFull Time
Title: System Analyst
Business Group: Business Services Group – Information Technology
Work Location: 41 Victoria Street, Gatineau, Quebec
Brookfield Renewable is one of the core businesses under Brookfield Asset Management (“Brookfield”), one of the world’s leading alternative asset managers. Brookfield operates in over 30 countries and manages over $600 billion of real assets focused on real estate, infrastructure, renewable power, private equity and credit. Brookfield is publicly listed on the NYSE and TSX.
Brookfield Renewable is one of the world’s largest owners, operators and developers of renewable power, with $59 billion of power assets under management. Our portfolio of hydropower, wind, utility-scale solar, distributed generation, and storage assets extends across North America, South America, Europe, India and China, totaling over 24,000 megawatts of capacity, and nearly 6,000 generating facilities globally. Leveraging over 120 years of operating experience and industry-leading innovation, we drive value across our extensive clean energy platform and deliver innovative renewable power solutions that accelerate the world towards a low-carbon future. Our value extends well beyond the clean energy we produce to fuel a sustainable, growing economy. From our extensive renewable power fleet, we make positive economic, social and environmental impacts in the communities where we live and work.
At Brookfield Renewable, we attract and retain high-performing individuals who are interested in making an impact and being part of a fast-paced and collaborative environment. Join our team to contribute to the success of one of the fastest growing and largest publicly traded, pure play renewable power platforms in the world while supporting decarbonization and greater energy sustainability to facilitate the global transition to a net-zero economy.
Reporting to the Manager Data Analytics and Integrations, the System Analyst will be a member of the Data Analytics and Integrations team.
• Maintain, develop, and deploy database code and objects on Oracle, SQL Server, and Azure SQL platforms
• Respond to production incidents and support requests
• Write complex SQL code to query data, fix bugs and implement enhancements
• Design and deploy in production various data objects including tables, views, indexes, stored procedures (T-SQL and PL/SQL)
• Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems
• Troubleshoot and resolve access and performance issues
• Create and maintain technical documentation
• Work within the support process standards (and improve when required)
• Provide customer-facing support to stakeholders
• Provide periodic on-call support (24/7)
• Deliver SOX evidence reporting for databases
• Strong analytical skills and critical thinking
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Strong planning, prioritizing and time management skills – must be able to undertake and manage multiple tasks at the same time and work under tight deadlines and operational pressures
• Ability to collaborate professionally with other teams
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• University or College Degree in Computer Science/Technology or equivalent
• Advanced knowledge in database coding (T-SQL & PL/SQL)
• Demonstrated technical experience (5+years) with Oracle PL/SQL and SQL Server T-SQL
• Demonstrated experience working in a cloud environment
• Experience in root cause analysis and providing workarounds and solutions for DB code
• Good working knowledge of formal change management processes
• Working knowledge of data analytics tools (Alteryx, Tableau, …) an asset
• Knowledge of compliance management (e.g., SOX) an asset
What we Offer
• Competitive salary, bonus, benefits from day 1, paid time off, defined contribution pension plan
• Opportunity for growth and development
• Exposure to different businesses, geographies, and teams
• A collaborative, open, dynamic, and fast paced environment
• Free on-site gym
Brookfield Renewable has a strong culture that focuses on collaboration and values in-office interactions. We believe that it is beneficial for employees to be in the office to ensure that we provide the appropriate training and coaching, facilitate real-time learning through direct interactions with colleagues and senior leaders via our open concept environment, and accelerate the integration of new employees into our teams. As we transition back to the office, we are currently offering a hybrid work environment with a minimum of 3 days in office, and we will reassess the approach on a as needed basis.
Brookfield Renewable embraces and promotes the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Indigenous peoples and other persons of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions. We also provide accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request. If contacted to proceed to the recruitment process, please advise us if you require any accommodation.