JOB TITLE: METAL WORKING MACHINE
REPORTS TO: PRODUCTION MANAGER – SHEET METAL
PRECISION MACHINING AND FABRICATION POWERED BY PEOPLE
Proudly ISO 9001:2015 Certified
This position is in our sheet metal department, it is full-time permanent placement. It involves deburring, sanding, time saving, cutting material, punching, bending materials, iridizing, and painting small parts. Also, includes assisting with incoming and outgoing shipments.
Compensation will be between $20.00- $26.00 depending on experience and education.
Fabricates materials as per the direction of the production manager in conjunction with the production router and drawing blueprints.
1. Accept direction from the Production Manager (Sheet Metal) with regards to daily priorities;
2. Read and follow router instructions and interpret basic drawing blue prints;
3. Cut raw material in preparation for fabrication;
4. Deburr, sand and prepare parts for finishing;
5. Maintain chemical conversion line;
6. Iridizing parts.
7. Cleaning and washing parts;
8. Load/unload incoming shipments from vendors using forklift;
9. Maintain exact counts of parts produced on runs;
10. Meet estimated run times on parts produced;
11. Powder coat paint parts where required;
12. Support and assist production for parts (punching, forming, pemming, welding);
13. General shop housekeeping duties as required;
14. Follow health and safety procedures
1. Identify parts that shouldn’t proceed to next production stage due to quality concerns.
Expected Deliverables and Outcomes
1. Meet scheduled delivery dates
2. Develop skills and knowledge to improve output
3. Take ownership and accountability for their work
4. Ask questions if unsure.
Experience & Key Skills
1. College diploma in related discipline or equivalent experience;
2. 3 – 5 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment;
3. Forklift certification is an asset;
4. Attention to detail and organized;
5. Ability to read a tape measure in inches and millimeters;
6. Mechanical aptitude;
7. Ability to interpret basic drawings and blueprints;
8. Manual dexterity;
9. Good teamwork and communication skills;