- At OCLC, we believe you’ll do the best work of your life when you’re living the best life possible.
We work hard to build the technology that connects thousands of today’s libraries. But we also work hard to make a job at OCLC a meaningful part of a balanced life- not a substitute for one.
Technology with a Purpose. OCLC supports thousands of libraries in making information more accessible and more useful to people around the world. OCLC provides shared technology services, original research and community programs that help libraries meet the ever-evolving needs of their users, institutions, and communities. With office locations around the globe, OCLC employees are dedicated to offering premier services and software to help libraries.
Job Details are as follows:
The Software Engineer will perform analysis and design of software programs and systems and create, analyze, design, modify and test programs and systems.
- Uses industry standard programming techniques to translate requirements and designs into code.
- Analyze and solve problems in existing systems.
- Design, code and test multiple modules of a system in a timely manner.
- Participates in unit, system and acceptance testing by designing tests, building test data, test execution and evaluation, along with recommending/making improvements/fixes to the tested system.
- Assists in developing and interpreting requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science related discipline required and skills usually represented by 3-4 years of software development experience
- Coding skills in Java, Groovy, Gradle, Spring MVC, REST
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix.
- Experience in responsive web development
- Experience in object oriented programming
- Understanding of Database design principles
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills.
- Creative and innovative thinker.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Source control
- Writing automated unit and integration tests
Highly Desired Skills/Technologies:
- Object Oriented design, including familiarity with OO design patterns
- SQL (including an understanding of database design principles)
- Servlets and servlet containers
- Spring MVC
- Code reviews
- Excellent communication skills
Additional Useful Skills/Technologies:
- SOA-based systems, including the writing of design documents detailing the interaction of multiple such systems
- Performance/stress testing
- Multi-threaded programming
- Unix/Linux (including basic command-line usage and shell scripting)
- Java 8 idioms (e.g. streams and lambdas)
- PostgreSQL PL/pgSQL
Working Conditions: 3 days at the office and 2 days from home (Hybrid)
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org before applying online to OCLC
ADA/EAA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be the principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
If you are interested in applying for employment with OCLC and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources Department at +1-614-764-6000 or email at email@example.com