Senior Cloud BookkeeperFull Time Permanent
Welch LLP is ideal for professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit. Welch offers its employees invaluable prospects: possibility for growth and advancement; variety to explore different career paths; opportunity to specialize and deepen skills; and flexibility of work-life balance to enjoy family and personal interests.
Grounded in a values-led culture (care, impact, empower), Welch is focused on creating a diverse and inclusive environment, nurturing women in leadership, and supporting its surrounding communities. At Welch, we know our employees are our number one asset. It is our people that enables Welch LLP to be a firm like no other.
National Firm expertise, with the value and service of a small firm
Established in 1918, Welch evolved from a single office to the largest locally-owned and operated firm in the region. With 12 offices and over 300 people across Ontario and Western Quebec, Welch LLP has deeps roots in the communities it serves. Welch ranks as the 14th largest accounting firm in Canada and continues to grow.
Headquartered in Ottawa, the key to Welch’s success is continually evolving to meet the needs of its employees, clients and the marketplace. With a full suite of professional services, ranging from traditional assurance to expert business advisory, our clients respect and value the firm’s expertise and commitment to exceptional service. Welch’s clientele is as varied as the economic landscape, ranging from start-ups to large, multi-divisional privately-held companies, not-for- profit organizations and public sector entities.
About the Opportunity
Welch LLP is currently looking for a Senior Cloud Bookkeeper to join our growing bookkeeping business, Elevate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage complex bookkeeping for multiple companies at a time using online or desktop accounting software, including the ability to reconcile accounts receivable and payables, generate weekly/bi-weekly payroll, and file quarterly and annual returns
- Manage client needs, communicating with our business owner customers via e-mail and phone and video conference calls
- Follow up with external vendors as needed to maintain accurate client books
- Work with clients to provide ad-hoc information as requested; problem-solve for clients when required
- Delegate work to more junior staff and answer questions on all aspects of work
- Monthly & quarterly reporting – payroll, GST, HST, WSIB, EHT, etc.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with manager.
- Identify new business opportunities with existing clients
- Maintain clear documentation to allow for partner/manager or external (CRA) review efficiently.
- Run payroll for multiple clients based on their payroll schedule
- Manage own client portfolio for all accounting/bookkeeping needs for multiple clients
- College Diploma in Business Accounting
- 2+ years of experience in full cycle bookkeeping and payroll
- Working knowledge of cloud accounting software, such as Dext, Plooto and QuickBooks Online would be an asset
- General knowledge of bookkeeping deadlines required
- Ability to stay organized and work in a fast-paced environment on multiple assignments, multiple deadlines/priorities, with a high degree of autonomy over work required
- Knowledge of how to process payroll on any platform is an asset
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite an asset
- Initiative, willingness and ability to accept responsibility
- Learning mindset; willingness and ability to ramp up quickly on new clients, new industries.
- Ability to work under pressure, decisiveness, creativeness, good judgment, and common sense
- Ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships
- Experience in different industries would be an asset
- Strong team player. Ability to collaborate or help team when required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French would be an asset