Project Financial OfficerFull Time
Position: Project Financial Officer
Summary of position
The Project Finance Officer (PFO) is critical to the financial health of Cowater’s projects. The PFO works under minimal supervision and demonstrates a high degree of collaboration with different stakeholder in the organization. The PFO thrives in a fast-paced environment, has excellent communication and organizational skills, and is proficient in MS Office (Excel and Word).
Monthly review of various projects:
- Financial administration of active projects according to project contracts.
- Verify and code international travel expense reports. Review project expense reports and transactions from field offices overseas, convert expenditures into Canadian dollars as required, and post into head office accounting records.
- Prepare bank reconciliation(s) for project bank account(s).
- Prepare financial reports as required under the contracts with Clients, including, but not limited to, quarterly and annual financial reports, budget variance reports, statements of eligible expenditures, etc. Work with Project Managers on narrative variance reporting.
- Closely monitor expenditures against project budgets.
- Work with Project Managers to prepare modifications to budgets and sub-project budgets.
- Work with Project Managers to manage and administer project-specific advance funds.
- Prepare invoices and advance requests. Follow up as needed.
End of month:
- Prepare Monthly and quarterly financial reporting.
- Analyze variances from forecasts and budget.
- Analyze trial balances.
- Review field office reports.
- Ensure all items from monthly closing checklist are completed.
Quarterly forecasts and annual budget:
- Conduct quarterly and annual project financial projections.
- Undergraduate university degree in Accounting or related field.
- CPA designation would be considered as an asset.
Language(s): English and French are a must. Spanish is an asset.
Security Clearance: Must be eligible to obtain the Government of Canada’s reliability status clearance level.
- Two (2) to four (4) years of experience in a similar position.
- Must be fluently bilingual in English and French.
- Knowledge of a third language is an asset.
- Excellent computer skills, specifically with Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of GAAP reporting will be considered an asset.