Competition number: J0522-0541
Department: Food & Beverage, Kitchen
Status: Part-time, continuing
Hours: days, evenings, weekends and holidays
Annual/hourly salary: $16.41 per hour
Closing date: October 30, 2022
Anticipated start date: Immediately
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion:
It is the National Arts Centre’s goal to be a more welcoming, inclusive, accessible, and diverse organization for all Canadians. We believe that the basis of this inclusivity requires a socially and culturally diverse workforce and, therefore, we actively seek to recruit candidates who identify as women, Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour (IBPoC), persons from the LGBTQ2+ community and persons with disabilities. We encourage you to self-identify in the recruitment process.
The incumbent may be required to work remotely either full-time or in a hybrid fashion until the end of the pandemic. All necessary working tools needed to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of this position will be provided to the employee for this purpose.
The NAC recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. Therefore, an offer of employment shall be conditional upon receipt of written confirmation that the selected candidate has been fully vaccinated. Certified medical conditions will be accommodated as well as exemptions based on established religious objection.
The above information will be filed in keeping with the Privacy Act.
Introducing the National Arts Centre
The National Arts Centre (NAC) is Canada’s bilingual, multi-disciplinary home for the performing arts. The NAC presents, creates, produces, and co-produces performing arts programming in various streams—the NAC Orchestra, Dance, English Theatre, French Theatre, Indigenous Theatre, and Popular Music and Variety—and nurtures the next generation of audiences and artists from across Canada.
Curious to learn more? We invite you to read our strategic plan for 2020-2023 in The Next Act.
Collaboration, innovation and community-led engagement are only some of the many initiatives the NAC will leverage to help shape a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive future for the performing arts in Canada. One that embodies our slogan and loudly proclaims that Canada is our stage.
Reporting to the Executive Sous Chef, you will be responsible for washing, drying and pressing tablecloths, napkins and uniforms and other related duties.
• High school diploma or equivalent is an asset;
• One year experience in an institutional or commercial laundry is an asset;
• Operation of laundry machinery and basic knowledge of laundry chemistry and care of fabrics;
• Basic understanding of WHMIS;
• Aware of occupational Health and Safety procedures and proper handling of hazardous materials;
• Physically able to safely lift and move wet laundry;
• Ability to work under pressure in a very busy environment;
• Flexibility and availability to work an irregular schedule to meet business needs (days, evenings, weekends and holidays);
• Able to stand at all times during the shift.
• Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs on a regular basis;
• Must be able to stand & exert well-paced mobility for up to 12 hours;
• Bilingual in both official languages would be an asset;
• A past record of satisfactory attendance and punctuality is a requirement*.
*Regular attendance at work is an expectation of employment and an essential part of every job.
Who can apply:
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens.
All communication will be conducted through email and interviews via videoconferencing. Please ensure to have the most up-to-date information on your resume including your current email address.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation for an interview or written exam, please advise us when initially contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to provide the original or a certified true copy of their education credentials as appropriate, along with proof of a valid Background Check as a condition of employment.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted by us.
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume online through our ‘Careers Opportunities’ website at https://nac-cna.ca/en/careers.
CONNECT WITH US! LinkedIn
Facebook Twitter Instagram