The Ottawa Hospital: Inspired by research. Driven by compassion
The Ottawa Hospital Research Institute is the research arm of The Ottawa Hospital and an affiliated institute of the University of Ottawa. With more than 1,700 scientists, clinician investigators, trainees, and staff, and total revenues of more than $100 million, we are one of the foremost Canadian hospital-based research institutes. We are investigating virtually every major disease and condition, with a focus on answering important health questions and translating our findings into benefits for patients and society.
The OMNI Research Group is seeking a part-time Research Administrative Assistant II to join the team supporting several Principal Investigators and Program Managers of the OMNI Research Group
The successful applicant will be responsible for supporting a variety of projects. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
Manage timesheet reporting, on-and-off-boarding staff and trainees, and obtaining required documents required to ensure timeliness, assist with contract renewals and revisions, provide grant support and assist with grant submissions, including CCV management for scientists, letters of support, administrative requirements, uploading documents into ResearchNet or other funding agency platform, provide manuscript submission support, and assist with financial study requirements including deposits, purchase orders, etc.
Provide general clerical, administrative, and secretarial support, including but not limited to: pre-paring REB-related documentation, filing and archiving, organizing various team meetings including special events, calendar management for various scientists and managers, maintaining asset inventory for teams, ordering supplies, coordination, and scheduling of meetings, teleconferences, room bookings etc.
• Post-secondary degree or diploma, or equivalent, with a related scientific and/or maternal-newborn background
• Three to five years of previous related administrative experience, preferably in research
• Proficiency in computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, REDCap, Re-searchNet, iProcurement)
• Demonstrate excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
• Demonstrate professionalism, interpersonal and team skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Proven ability to work independently, take direction from various sources and prioritize workload with particular attention to detail.
• Demonstrate organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills and ability to work within a fast-paced multidisciplinary deadline-driven team environment.
• Flexible with working hours in order to meet deadlines
• Able to work in a team as well as independently under sometimes minimal supervision
• Proficiency in English.
• Bilingualism (French and English) preferred
• Police Record Check (PRC)
• Meet the TOH/OHRI requirements for COVID-19 vaccination
This is a 1-year part-time position with the possibility of renewal
Salary: RAAII $ 27.964/hr – $ 32.936/hr