ACCOUNTING ADMINISTRATOR – FINANCEFull Time Temporary
ACCOUNTING ADMINISTRATOR – FINANCE
Competition number: J0523-1030
Status: Full-Time term – One (1) year
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (35 hours per week)
Annual/hourly salary: $46,500 – $60,000 (position with benefits and pension plan)
Closing date: June 18, 2023
Introducing the National Arts Centre
The National Arts Centre (NAC) is Canada’s bilingual, multi-disciplinary home for the performing arts. The NAC presents, creates, produces, and co-produces performing arts programming in various streams—the NAC Orchestra, Dance, English Theatre, French Theatre, Indigenous
Theatre, and Popular Music and Variety—and nurtures the next generation of audiences and artists from across Canada.
Curious to learn more? We invite you to read our strategic plan for 2020-2023 in The Next Act.
Collaboration, innovation and community-led engagement are only some of the many initiatives the NAC will leverage to help shape a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive future for the performing arts in Canada, one that embodies our slogan and loudly proclaims that Canada is our stage.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion:
It is the National Arts Centre’s goal to be a more welcoming, inclusive, accessible, and diverse organization for all Canadians. We believe that the basis of this inclusivity requires a socially and culturally diverse workforce and, therefore, we actively seek to recruit candidates who identify as women, Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour (IBPoC), persons from 2SLGBTQ+ communities and persons with disabilities. We encourage you to self-identify in the recruitment process.
Under the direction of the Financial Analyst, the Accounting Administrator performs a wide range of Accounts Payable, Receivable and General Accounting duties.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Perform day-to-day full cycle accounts payable, including verifying, classifying, recording accounts payable data, and maintaining records;
• Processing accounting receivables and incoming payments;
• Processing daily sales reports for commercial operations within the NAC;
• Provide accounting and clerical support to the Finance department;
• Contract review administration; and
• Continue to improve the payment process.
• Post secondary education in business administration or accounting;
• Two (2) years’ experience in an accounting-related position;
• Bilingual in both official languages is an asset;
• High degree of attention to detail;
• Advanced computer skills, including with Microsoft Office Suite applications and particularly advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
• Good interpersonal skills; and
• Working toward CPA designation would be preferable.
Who can apply:
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens.
As part of NAC’s interview process, in-person interviews may be required. Please ensure to have the most up-to-date information on your résumé including your current email address.
The NAC is committed to inclusive employee recruitment and selection. The NAC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the selection
process, please inform us as soon as possible and we will make every effort to fulfill your accommodation request.
The successful candidate will be required to provide the original or a certified true copy of their education credentials as appropriate, along with proof of a valid Background Check as a condition of employment.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted by us.
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and résumé online through the “Career Opportunities” section of our website at https://nac-cna.ca/en/careers.
CONNECT WITH US! LinkedIn
Facebook Twitter Instagram