The Royal Canadian Mint is hiring a Sr. Coordinator, NPI who can thrive in a dynamic and inclusive environment. This position reports to the Manager, NPI and is responsible for overseeing the execution of new Royal Canadian Mint products developed through the NPI process using agile project management principles. Each Sr. Coordinator supports one or more product development teams composed of subject matter experts (SMEs) who are responsible for over 30 products per year.
The incumbent analyzes the Mint’s project portfolio across all business lines, works with SMEs to build/maintain a high-level plan to maximize availability of products for customers at launch. The Sr. Coordinator facilitates and coordinates daily cross-functional team meetings to ensure that products at risk are prioritized and lower priority products are on track. When actual progress does not match the planned or required progress, the Sr. NPI coordinator advises when action must be taken by accountable parties to prevent unnecessary delays, documents recovery plan schedules with input from SMEs, and escalates issues when they are not resolved in a timely manner. When product change requests are received, the Sr. Coordinator analyzes the impact of proposed product changes with help from SMEs and speaks for the product development team at formal change management meetings making a recommendation to proceed or not with the proposed change.
Additional duties of the Sr. NPI coordinator include developing/maintaining NPI dashboards, workflows, KPIs, and reports as well as maintaining/supporting the Smarteam Product Lifecycle Management platform.
Language Requirements: English is essential. Bilingualism is an asset.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of project delivery experience with preference for 2+ years of Agile project facilitation.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a production, or product/service delivery environment.
- Experience in leading and working with cross-functional teams.
- Preference given to holders of Professional Scrum Master (PSM), Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification or equivalent. Otherwise, Successful candidate will be required to complete CSM certification.
Skills and Ability:
- Ability to develop, maintain, and control multiple product timelines for maximizing availability of products for customers at launch.
- Ability to identify risks to launch availability, create of recovery plans for products at risk, and drive actions to mitigate risks.
- Analytical ability to assess impacts to launch of proposed product changes.
- Ability to assess the needs of NPI and other stakeholders and to develop of reports, tools, KPI’s, and dashboards.
- Competency in PLM system administration, developing/maintaining workflows, managing user access.
- Facilitate and coordinate cross functional team meetings with diverse audience including senior management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Agile project management principles.
- Strong technical skills in Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Word.
- Experience working with Product lifecycle management system (Smarteam preferred) is an asset.
- Experience in working with an ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics AX preferred) is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience with Experience with PowerBI or SQL is an asset.
The health and safety of our employees is a top priority. The Mint has developed significant and rigorous safety protocols to address the COVID-19 pandemic.
At the Mint you will collaborate with a diverse group of people and be a part of an iconic Canadian organization. We pay competitive salary and offer a range of benefits that support employees and their families. The Mint supports its employees by focusing on their growth and development. Selected candidates will be required to complete a background check facilitated by the Mint.
The Mint is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We value diversity and aim to provide an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment, selection and onboarding process to ensure that each candidate is treated respectfully. You are welcome to self identify with one of the four employment equity groups (women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities) in your application.
If you need accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know; we are committed to being an inclusive employer.
Ready to mint your career? Please forward your resume to EE@mint.ca by October 28, 2022. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We look forward to receiving your application.