Location: Ottawa, Ontario (remote working, with occasional in person)
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Status: 1 year contract, renewable
Salary: $55,000/yr (full-time) – Part-time will be considered
Language requirements: Bilingualism (French & English); Spanish desirable
ABOUT CUSO INTERNATIONAL
Cuso International is a Canadian non-profit organization committed to ending poverty and inequality. Cuso works with local partners around the world to improve economic opportunities for all, enhance women’s and girls’ empowerment, and advance gender equality. By sharing skills, we are building sustainable futures. Each year, we amplify our impact by mobilizing hundreds of professionals who volunteer their time and share their experience.
After 60 years, Cuso International has embarked on a process of renewal. In an era of rapidly changing contexts for international cooperation, our organization is embracing new ways of working for our global team. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Executive Assistant and Events Coordinator (EAEC) is responsible for critical administrative functions and for supporting the smooth operations of a virtual workplace by providing administrative and events planning support. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, highly organized and detail oriented, with experience organizing small or medium sized events both in-person and virtually.
As Cuso invests in improving its global operations, we seek a person to support an effective virtual workplace. The EAEC leads in planning and supporting successful internal and external meetings for Cuso’s team, both virtually and in-person. Working closely with each of the Directors who form the Executive Leadership Team, the EAEC maintains an event calendar and champions strong communications and collaboration within and between internal departments.
This role requires considerable initiative, independent judgement, discretion and communication with various stakeholders. If you seek this role, you thrive in a multicultural environment, are passionate for social justice, have high professional standards, are capable of managing your own workload and prioritizing tasks in a fast‐paced environment.
Events Planning and Implementation (75%)
- Liaise regularly with Executive Leadership Team to confirm requirements and support effective planning of internal and external events (ex. monthly all-staff meetings, department ‘retreats’, learning sessions, “Cuso Days”)
- Maintain a six-month calendar of corporate events, reflecting organizational strategic priorities.
- Plan and organize all designated corporate events (internal and external) in their entireties (scheduling, invitations, participant lists, finding venues, budgeting, finding vendors, arranging interpretation, confirming speakers, creating schedules, appreciation surveys, etc.).
- Support development of events related materials (ex. promotions, PPTs, follow-up communications)
- Develop tools and templates to simplify event planning and logistics
- Manage all events budgets with appropriate line-managers.
Administrative support (25%)
- Process invoices received by the CEO’s office, input these into accounts payable software.
- Support the preparation, notarization, and distribution of key organizational documents, notably for international country offices.
- For all members of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), coordinate all travel arrangements, preparing itineraries and planning logistics, supporting with expense claims.
- Maintain the CEO’s calendar by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, and travel.
- Perform other duties as required by the CEO from time to time.
- Superior level of organizational and prioritization skills, reputation for attention to detail
- Experience organizing events in professional settings.
- Experience supporting executive leaders and/or Boards of Directors
- Professional demeanor with exceptional interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Motivated by achieving results as a part of a team.
- Proven ability to engage effectively with a broad range of stakeholders, including staff and different levels of seniority
- High professional standard of integrity, ethics, confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to work autonomously and have a high level of accountability
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience with online collaboration tools and apps (ex. Slack, Zoom, Teams, Mural, etc.) and curiosity to learn new ones.
- Extensive knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, databases, )
- Knowledge and understanding of International Development
- Previous experience working in a not‐for‐profit
- Technical knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or other contact management systems
- Fluency in Spanish and French
HOW TO APPLY
Cuso International is committed to creating and fostering an inclusive culture. We strive to actively celebrate diversity, advance our equitable practices, and drive greater inclusion. We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package and insurance, generous days of paid time off, including vacation, personal days, and sick days, and more.
Please click the “Apply for This Job” button to submit your application. Expressions of interest should be sent in English. Your résumé and one-page cover letter should demonstrate how you meet all the essential and any desirable qualifications.
Please note that a confirmation email will be generated once you submit your application, but it may be directed to your spam or junk folders of your email inbox.
Cuso International is an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations will be provided at any stages of the hiring process upon request. Thank you for your interest in Cuso International.