Financial Analyst, General Finance and Reporting (2 year term)Full Time
The Royal Canadian Mint is hiring a Financial Analyst, General Finance and Reporting who can thrive in a dynamic and inclusive environment Reporting to the Senior Manager, Finance, the Financial Analyst, General Finance and Reporting will assist their leader and peers to effectively and efficiently execute on day-to-day general accounting and external reporting activities. The incumbent will also support the Senior Manager, Finance’s objectives by recommending and driving operational efficiencies of the monthly close and reporting processes, the annual audit processes and ensure all controls meet quarterly and annual certification requirements.
The Financial Analyst, General Finance and Reporting will be an integral part of a team of finance professionals that will work well with other stakeholders at all levels to educate and support business requirements as accounting policies change. The incumbent will focus on creating their own measures of excellence, and their organizational skills and analytical thinking capabilities will ensure all financial and management reporting, including accounting policies, are in accordance with IFRS.
• Prepare, review and analyze financial statements with referenced work papers.
• Prepare financial statement notes and supporting schedules to support the development and preparation of quarterly and annual external financial statements, management discussion and analysis, annual report, etc.
• Assist with the researching and documenting of IFRS accounting policies and prepare technical accounting position papers and maintain related internal accounting procedures.
• Assist with the accounting close cycle, including preparing journal entries and running required close processes and reports.
• Prepare the Public Accounts working papers on a quarterly basis.
• Prepare balance sheet reporting package including financial ratios, variance analysis with explanations, etc.
• Assist the Senior Manager, Finance with preparing and addressing all informational and analytical requests from the external auditors.
• Coordinate information requests from other internal teams.
• Action other responsibilities as assigned, including projects or initiatives to ensure successful delivery on General Accounting and Reporting objectives.
• Bachelors in Accounting or Finance with a professional designation i.e. CPA.
• Additional experience in technical accounting and financial reporting.
• Minimum of 5 years of related business experience, including public accounting firm experience.
• Demonstrated success in technical accounting and financial reporting, with expert knowledge in IFRS.
• Excellent communications skills – both verbal and written to present complex financial data in an organized, concise manner.
• Team player, with strong work ethic and organizational skills to work independently as well.
• Strong background in business processes and internal controls.
• Demonstrated ability to resolve and analyze complex accounting issues.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
• Bilingual (English and French) is an asset
The health and safety of our employees is a top priority. The Mint has developed significant and rigorous safety protocols to address the COVID-19 pandemic.
At the Mint you will collaborate with a diverse group of people and be a part of an iconic Canadian organization. We pay competitive salary and offer a range of benefits that support employees and their families. The Mint supports its employees by focusing on their growth and development. Selected candidates will be required to complete a background check facilitated by the.
The Mint is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We value diversity and aim to provide an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment, selection and onboarding process to ensure that each candidate is treated respectfully. You are welcome to self identify
with one of the four employment equity groups (women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities) in your application.
If you need accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know; we are committed to being an inclusive employer.
Ready to mint your career? Please forward your resume to EE@mint.ca by November 11, 2022. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We look forward to receiving your application.