Executive AssistantFull Time
Login to bookmark
Your place in the team
The Executive Assistant is responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing administrative and other arrangements in order to provide support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the CEO office, the Executive Management Committee (EMC) and the Senior Management Committee (SMC). The role ensures the effective communication, provisions of information, planning of meetings, support, follow-up and resolution of CEO related activities including budgeting and forecasting.
- Post-secondary education with specialization in business administration, political science or an equivalent discipline.
- Five to seven (5-7) years experience providing administrative support at the executive level.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in managing executive agenda and in developing briefing notes, presentations, and material for stakeholder engagement events.
- Strong knowledge of administrative methods, techniques and practices including using typical office software.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, initiative, good judgement, good customer service relations and teamwork.
- Excellent customer service skills and strong attention to details, accuracy and timeliness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including for preparing minutes .
- Ability to compose and proofread correspondence and prepare reports clearly in both English and French as well as draft complex correspondence.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and to handle multiple projects.
- Ability to anticipate and plan solutions to problems and issues so they are managed in an efficient and effective manner.
- Ability to liaise with a wide variety of people including internal, external and the public.
- Language Requirement: Bilingual imperative (SSSS/SSSS)
- Security level: Secret
In close collaboration with the Special Advisor, organizes and expedites the flow of work through the CEO’s office so it is functioning efficiently and effectively:
- Reviews and prioritizes the CEO’s written correspondence and formal documentation when requested. Coordinates all requests to the CEO’s office and follows up to ensure that the proper follow-up is conducted, including gathering of all appropriate information that is required for completing tasks.
- Meets as needed with the CEO to review requests and calendar. Oversees the management of the CEO’s calendar and workload by establishing priorities.
- Organizes administrative and logistical arrangements for meetings with government officials, CEOs, and other required meetings.
- Provides coordination support for briefing documentation, travel planning, and meeting logistics.
- Assists in developing and preparing agenda, programs, policy papers, responding to and/or delegates’ enquiries and requirements for information and briefing materials for CEO related activities.
- Processes expenses for the office of the CEO and monitors expenses and travel budget. Provide support to the CEO office in budget planning and forecasting.
- Using judgement to act or to arrange for the required action to be taken on those matters not requiring the CEO’s personal attention and to ensure that appropriate action is taken on urgent matters in the absence of the CEO.