The Ottawa Hospital: Inspired by research. Driven by compassion
The Ottawa Hospital Research Institute is the research arm of The Ottawa Hospital and an affiliated institute of the University of Ottawa. With more than 1,700 scientists, clinician investigators, trainees, and staff, and total revenues of more than $100 million, we are one of the foremost Canadian hospital-based research institutes. We are investigating virtually every major disease and condition, with a focus on answering important health questions and translating our findings into benefits for patients and society.
The Ottawa Hospital Research Institute’s Clinical Epidemiology Program (CEP) has an opening for a Clinical Research Assistant position with the BLUEPRINT Research Group (www.ohri.ca/blueprint).
We are seeking an experienced Clinical Research Assistant II to join the BLUEPRINT Translational Research Group at the Ottawa Hospital Research Institute. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with translational research projects. This will include, but not be limited to, preclinical systematic reviews and assisting with ongoing preclinical and clinical projects. Candidates will ideally have a background in basic/preclinical laboratory-based work s well as translational research.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Assisting with study protocols,
• Assisting with screening studies and extracting relevant data for systematic reviews
• Assisting with ongoing preclinical and clinical studies
• Assisting with manuscript writing and submissions
• Secondary diploma in a health science-related field or equivalent
• Quantitative and basic/preclinical laboratory experience
• Time management skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
• Flexibility to accommodate periodic demanding deadlines
• Attention to detail to ensure the accuracy of data and protocol requirements
• Computer literacy and knowledge of software packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively as both part of an interdisciplinary team and independently
• Evidence of training certification in Tri-Council Policy Statement -2 (TCPS-2) and the International Conference on Harmonisation – Good Clinical Practice Guidelines (ICH-GCP)
• Evidence of training in Food and Drug Regulations, Division 5, and/or Device Regulations, as applicable
• Graduate degree
• Previous research experience, publications
• Experience with systematic reviews, prospective and retrospective cohort studies, clinical trial protocol development, grant applications, ethics submissions, and partner engagement
• Experience in a hospital research environment (translational, clinical or a
This is a full-time, two-year contract with the possibility of renewal. OHRI offers a generous remote work policy.
Salary: Min: $ $24.682/hr. – Max: $29.076/hr. with full benefits and pension privileges.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those invited for an interview will be contacted. The Ottawa Hospital Research Institute is an equal-opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.