The Ottawa Hospital: Inspired by research. Driven by compassion
The Ottawa Hospital Research Institute is the research arm of The Ottawa Hospital and an affiliated institute of the University of Ottawa. With more than 1,700 scientists, clinician investigators, trainees, and staff, and total revenues of more than $100 million, we are one of the foremost Canadian hospital-based research institutes. We are investigating virtually every major disease and condition, with a focus on answering important health questions and translating our findings into benefits for patients and society.
Dr. Jeremy Grimshaw is a Senior Scientist in the Clinical Epidemiology Program, specializing in knowledge translation and implementation research. He holds a Tier 1 Canada Research Chair in Health Knowledge Transfer and Uptake and a CIHR Foundation grant. Dr. Grimshaw is seeking a full-time Research Assistant to work with the team on systematic reviews of implementation research and other complex interventions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Participation in the screening of citations, data abstraction, quality assessments, and data synthesis
- Participation in ongoing methodological research on knowledge synthesis
- Assist with coordinating and organizing research meetings and/or workshops
- Attendance at all required meetings designated by Dr. Grimshaw including project and staff meetings etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in health science-related field including epidemiology, health/organizational psychology, biostatistics, health services research, health systems, knowledge translation, implementation science, etc.
- 2 years of experience in a clinical research environment
- Excellent English proficiency
- Superior coordination, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Computer skills: MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, SharePoint)
- Master’s degree in health sciences
- Previous experience in systematic reviews
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative statistical analysis/biostatistics
- Familiarity with systematic review software (DistillerSR, EPPI Reviewer) and data analysis software (SPSS, SAS, RevMan) is an asset.
This is a full-time, one-year contract.
Salary: Min: $24.682/hr. – Max: $29.076/hr.
Comments to Applicant:
Please send a cover letter and complete CV in a single PDF using the name convention “Last Name, First Name” :
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those invited for an interview will be contacted. The Ottawa Hospital Research Institute is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.