Clinical Research Assistant IIFull Time
The Ottawa Hospital: Inspired by research. Driven by compassion
The Ottawa Hospital Research Institute is the research arm of The Ottawa Hospital and an affiliated institute of the University of Ottawa. With more than 1,700 scientists, clinician investigators, trainees, and staff, and total revenues of more than $100 million, we are one of the foremost Canadian hospital-based research institutes. We are investigating virtually every major disease and condition, with a focus on answering important health questions and translating our findings into benefits for patients and society.
The IMPACTS program is seeking an enthusiastic, experienced individual to perform research activities in a dynamic and collegial environment, in support of The Innovative, Multicenter, Patient-centered Approach to Clinical Trials in Surgery (IMPACTS) Program (www.impactsprogram.ca) and other studies. The successful incumbent will work with the IMPACTS core research team, Principal Investigators and site lead to assist with the conduct of innovative, high-quality clinical research.
Your responsibilities will be to support multiple clinical trial operations including recruitment and consent, maintain data in online databases, perform study outcome assessments, interact with patients and clinicians, protect patient confidentiality and perform other administrative tasks as necessary.
Basic Requirements (Education/Experience):
• 2 years of experience in a clinical research environment and a secondary diploma.
• Graduate of a clinical research program is an asset.
• GCP, TCSP2 training and previous clinical research experience preferred.
• Evidence of training in Food and Drug Regulations, Division 5, and/or Device Regulations, as applicable
• Data collection and management experience, REDCap an asset
• Fully proficient in MS office, and the ability to work with computerized databases.
• Experience with REB and CTO application and amendment documents.
• Detail-oriented, accurate, and dependable with strong organizational and critical thinking skills.
• Self-motivated team member with a demonstrated ability to show initiative.
• Ability to manage multiple responsibilities in a timely manner.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This is a 1-year full-time contract with the possibility of renewal.
Salary: Min: $48,130/year – Max: $56,698/year