INFRASTRUCTURE SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Competition Number: J1123-0576
Status: Full-Time continuing
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (35 hours per week)
Annual/hourly salary: $61,200 – $76,500 (position with benefits and pension plan)
Closing date: December 17, 2023
Introducing the National Arts Centre
The National Arts Centre (NAC) is Canada’s bilingual, multi-disciplinary home for the performing arts. The NAC presents, creates, produces, and co-produces performing arts programming in various streams—the NAC Orchestra, Dance, English Theatre, French Theatre, Indigenous Theatre, and Popular Music and Variety—and nurtures the next generation of audiences and artists from across Canada. The NAC is located on the traditional, unceded, unsurrendered territory of the Anishinabe Algonquin Nation.
At the National Arts Centre, we believe the performing arts are vital to the human experience. A house of dreams for the Canadian performing arts, we work with artists and arts organizations from across this land to revitalize our sector.
Curious to learn more? Read our 2023-2026 Strategic Plan, The Journey Ahead.
Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, Anti-Racism and Accessibility
We are on a journey, committed to ensuring that equity, diversity, inclusion, accessibility, anti-racism and reconciliation with Indigenous peoples will guide our actions.
The NAC welcomes applications from candidates who can help us meet our vision, and contribute to the diversity of lived experiences, perspectives, and approaches. When you join the NAC, you will be part of an inclusive community working hard to dismantle barriers to employees’ well-being, access, potential, and success. The NAC actively seeks candidates who identify as women, Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour (IBPoC), members of 2SLGBTQIA+ communities, and people with disabilities. We encourage you to self-identify in the recruitment process.
Reporting to the IM/IT Operations Director, the Infrastructure Support Technician provides technical support in the implementation, integration, and maintenance of components of IT infrastructure and operations. The incumbent also provides technical support and client service to technology users within an assigned portfolio.
• Provides technical support by assessing and resolving service requests, such as those with workstation hardware/software, mail or internet work routing, LAN/WAN services, and cabling and peripheral equipment problems; escalates or follows up on outstanding client issues as required.
• Installs, configures, monitors, and tests components in the computing environment.
• Produces basic system documentation, reports, and correspondence on computer problem identification, resolution, and monitoring activities.
• Performs routine monitoring activities of systems and equipment performance.
• Supports backup and recovery processes and procedures.
• Participates as a member on projects as required.
• Under guidance, troubleshoots problems (typically reported by clients or revealed by monitoring tools) to resolve common network, hardware and software issues and configures, installs, and tests hardware and software in a computing environment to ensure that they work properly and meet user requirements.
• Troubleshoots typical problems and implements technical solutions by applying established diagnostic processes. Guidance is available from user guides, technical manuals, departmental solution logs, and more senior IT staff.
• Atypical or complex issues are referred to more senior IT staff.
• Completes assigned work and prioritizes service calls and ad hoc requests.
• Participates in work teams, project teams or committees. There may be a requirement to demonstrate procedures, processes, standards, and tools to new team members.
• Logs problems and solutions into a tracking system and produces incident reports and other routine documentation as required.
• Post-secondary diploma/degree in technology, IT, computing, or a related discipline or comparable work experience.
• Knowledge of the theories, principles, and practices of technology infrastructure, systems configuration and administration, operating systems, network systems and diagnostic techniques is required to provide effective support of the department’s IT infrastructure.
• Knowledge of the standards and methodologies (including performance standards, capabilities, and limitations) of hardware, software and various operating systems used in large-scale mainframe and distributed computing environments is required in order to support the configuration, installation, security, performance and functionality of the computing environment and for the identification, diagnosis, and resolution of straightforward hardware, software and network-related problems.
• Knowledge of backup and recovery processes is required to protect data from loss.
• Communication skills are required to ask questions and obtain information from users, such as the description of their problem, to diagnose likely causes and provide information on the resolution steps;
• Bilingual in both official languages is an asset.
Who can apply:
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens.
As part of NAC’s interview process, in-person interviews may be required. Please ensure to have the most up-to-date information on your résumé including your current email address.
The National Arts Centre (NAC) is committed to inclusive employee recruitment and selection. The NAC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the selection process, please inform us as soon as possible and we will make every effort to fulfill your accommodation request.
The successful candidate will be required to provide the original or a certified true copy of their education credentials as appropriate, along with proof of a valid Background Check as a condition of employment.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted by us.
How to apply:
Please send your application to email@example.com before you apply through the company website so we can Endorse your application to HR directly. Please format the file name of your tailored resume+cover letter like this — First Name Last Name_Position.
Please submit your cover letter and résumé online through the “Career Opportunities” section of our website at https://nac-cna.ca/en/careers.
CONNECT WITH US! LinkedIn
Facebook Twitter Instagram