Treasury AnalystFull Time
Login to bookmark
Responsible for treasury management; corporate governance and integrity compliance. This is a full-time permanent position based in the FreeBalance Ottawa, Ontario office (on site), with matrix reporting to the Vice President, Finance and Controller. This position will require flexibility to work various hours of the day to interact with contacts worldwide. Some international travel may be required.
Responsible for treasury management, which includes:
- Daily monitoring and management of cash balances in major operational bank accounts, creating transfers of funds as needed;
- Cash flow forecasting and analysis for primary and all international bank accounts, ensuring funding is in place in country for operational expenses worldwide;
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports on the global cash position;
- Processing of customer payment receipts through accounts receivable processes;
- Manage the Account Performance Security Guarantee Program (ASPG) with bankers and Export Development Canada (EDC), including preparation and management of letters of credit / guarantees, manage renewals, and annual renewal of the ASPG program;
- Management of the EDC AR insurance program including preparation of the monthly reporting;
- Preparation of quarterly bank operational loan reports;
- Directly engage in opening of new international bank accounts to streamline local operations worldwide;
- Involvement in the maintenance of banking relationships including annual renewals of company credit facilities;
- Assist in the management and updates of bank documentation including signing authorities and provision of Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements to international banks.
- Perform the reconciliation of international, multi-currency bank accounts and undertake the review / analysis of reconciliation reports for unusual activity;
- Support month end financial analysis of all treasury activities.
Responsible for corporate governance and integrity compliance activities including:
- Direct responsibility for working with partners and our regional teams to process data on new partners and vendors under our FreeBalance Integrity Due Diligence program, including background checks, financial analysis on financial data, coordinating incremental requirements from the field, checking quality of data and finalizing internal documentation for the executive approval;
- Identify and deploy new tools and functionality to automate key elements of the compliance program;
- Lead the annual compliance review of partners and vendors under our ISO program, coordinating with the Accounting & Finance team and regional personnel to finalize the renewals;
- Implement improvements to the integrity compliance policies;
- Working with the Chief Compliance Officer, participate in internal investigations in compliance cases, including preparation of case reports;
- Review existing and implement improved employee compliance training;
- Investigate new country risk profiles to optimize company risk management;
- Manage the compliance key priorities to achieve goals and prepare draft quarterly reports for the FreeBalance Board of Directors;
- Manage the company database records for the compliance program.
- Monitor international financial and governance reporting schedule to ensure that all tax, reporting and audit deadlines. Assist as required to enable all annual filings, and renew business permits or other in country governance obligations.
Other responsibilities includes:
- Assist with incorporation and registration in new countries of operations;
- Support tax and audit filings in international jurisdictions as required;
- Support customer proposal activities including analysis of guarantee / security requirements, tax research for pricing optimization, and general support for proposal pricing as required.
- Other duties, as required.
Education and Experience:
- Post Secondary Degree in Accounting or Business, CPA is preferred;
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of experience with treasury operations in private sector;
- Ability to apply finance and treasury principles, with proficiency in accounting;
- Preferred experience with supporting corporate integrity compliance programs;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact confidently with bankers and advisors;
- Outstanding and demonstrated attention to detail;
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS-Office suite;
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with minimal supervision;
- Hands on experience with enterprise accounting systems;
- Knowledge of Sage Intacct Accounting would be an asset;
- French, Portuguese and/or Spanish language skills a definite plus.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
FreeBalance is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce to increase the representation of the designated groups based on each country’s legislation. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective labour law throughout all stages of the recruitment process.