Human Resources Advisor (Temporary)Full Time Temporary
By generating and distributing power, each person at Hydro Ottawa is part of empowering the lives of people in the communities we serve.
Our work means all the activities that make up our lives – at home, at work, at play – are there when we need them.
That purpose unites us and fuels our work. And if joining us in this essential work energizes you too, we may have the opportunity for you.
The Human Resources Advisor is the first point of contact for providing Human Resources services to internal clients and is responsible for effectively resolving employee inquiries in a timely manner and with considerable independence, discretion, judgement and initiative. The Human Resources Advisor is also responsible for ensuring client satisfaction is at the core of every decision and behavior.
- Serve as a first point-of-contact through telephonic, electronic (email, text, chat), or paper-based
- Follow communication “scripts” when handling different topics
- Identify client’s needs, clarify information, research every issue and provide solutions and/or alternatives utilizing applicable policies, procedures and guidelines
- Support employees and People Leaders with employee benefits, pension enrolment, beneficiary designation, recruitment process, absence, labour relations, safety, training and any other HR key processes
- Perform basic HR transactions with quality assurance in HR Technology (including Workday) as required
- Escalate client’s enquiries to Tier 3 Centre of Expertise Specialist or in other cases to the HR Partner as per established procedures
- Maintain and improve quality results by adhering to standards and guidelines; recommend improved procedures
- Seize opportunities to promote self-serve portals as well as Human Resources programs. policies and procedures
- Build sustainable relationships and engage clients by going the extra mile
- Maintain an effective “bring forward” system to support the day to day enquiries to ensure timely follow up
- Update job knowledge by reading HR policies, procedures and participating in educational opportunities
- Ensure calls are answered as per established service delivery standards
- Perform data analysis and reporting
- Keep abreast of changes to policies, processes and procedures
- Maintain key data for reporting purposes
- Perform other related duties as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary education in a related field, preferably Human Resources or Business Administration
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience preferably in a Human Resources environment
- Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements
- Previous experience in a client support role
- General knowledge of Human Resources policies, processes and systems
- Experience in providing excellent client service
- Effective communication skills including active listening skills
- Familiarity with Service Centre call tracking system and practices
- Familiarity with HR processes and systems
This is a management group opportunity and salary will be commensurate with qualifications.
Hydro Ottawa is currently piloting a hybrid work program. This hybrid work program is position specific, the details of the hybrid model will be discussed with successful candidates.