Hello, it’s a new day and it’s time to answer the call to elevate your career and make life accessible for all.
Our purpose is to make life accessible
Our compassion and knowledge set us apart. With kindness and expertise, we support individuals by delivering the right mobility, accessibility, personal care, and daily living solutions. We believe that providing people with comprehensive solutions empowers and fulfills us all.
Our role is to care
As we strive to expand our reach and clients we care for, we are adding specialists to our teams who embody kindness, collaboration, and respect. If you want to help our clients experience their most vibrant lives while growing your career in a nurturing, learning-focused, and supportive environment – you will love being part of Motion.
Who we need
Right now, we are adding a Service Technician to our team in Ottawa. We need someone who excels at customer facing work and is comfortable working independently, out of the store, tackling mechanical challenges. Through mentorship and training, we will provide you with all the tools and resources to be successful in this role. We are looking for a Service Technician who is willing to work flexible hours to accommodate client needs.
Who you are
You can fix mechanical issues, are familiar with power flow and parameters and you want to learn more about replacing and repairing wheelchairs, and mobility equipment. You can keep a meticulous record of the parts you used and the products you handled. An empathetic listener, curious problem solver, friendly communicator and genuinely likes to help people.
What you will do
Our clients put their trust in Motion to ensure that their mobility devices are safe and functioning correctly. Whether you are working at a client’s home, in a local facility, or at our care centre, you are ready to take on the ownership of solving problems to make life accessible.
- Diagnose and repair. You will quickly learn how to repair wheelchairs, and custom mobility equipment, and thrive in an independent role. This may include but is not limited to:
- Creating the service order and quote in our NAV system.
- Assessing issues clients may be having with their device.
- Troubleshooting batteries and high technology equipment.
- Repairing manual and power devices and equipment.
- Deliver a Motion customer experience. Our service technicians are the face of our company, delivering outstanding customer experiences every day. Through honest, empathic, respectful, and friendly interactions with our customers, you will build trusting relationships. You will ensure that their needs are met and that we meet our objective to make life accessible.
- Be flexible and mobile. You will be travelling to clients homes and facilities.
What you bring
- Technical skills. You have previous experience in a customer service role and exposure to using diagnostic tools, electronic equipment and completing mechanical repairs. An interest in or knowledge of mobility products is beneficial. Exposure to Navision or other ERP systems is considered an asset. An avid troubleshooter, you are innovative and efficient in your approach to solving problems.
- Empathy. To provide our clients with the best Motion customer experience, we need someone empathetic to our client’s needs and circumstances. You can navigate any situation in a friendly, professional, and compassionate manner.
- Additional must-have requirements. You can lift up to fifty (50) pounds to move or repair equipment and devices. You have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record; travel to client sites is occasionally required; however, you will be provided with a company vehicle for this. You have a clean criminal background check and are bondable.
Why join? We are Motion
At Motion, we’ve undergone a recent transformation, and we think that’s exciting. With a strong reputation as experts in our field, we’re turning inwards to foster a culture of belonging, giving, and strength. Joining us now is a chance to be part of that momentum, a chance to make an impact in people’s lives, and help create a company environment you believe in.
Thank you for taking the time to consider joining us. If you want to be part of our team, express your interest here.
Motion is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us.
Protective measures for COVID-19
At Motion, the safety of our employees and our clients is paramount. As such, we’re taking several steps to reduce the risk of exposure to Covid-19. These include:
- Ensuring safe physical distancing at all locations and warehouses.
- Providing all technicians with full personal protective equipment, including face shields, gowns, masks, and gloves.
- Screening all clients and employees for Covid-19 symptoms ahead of home visits or onsite entry to prevent contact with those who may have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Implemented a Vaccination Policy for all employees.
- Disinfecting all locations and warehouses regularly and thoroughly.
- Continuous monitoring of the ongoing situation and updating policies as needed.