Hello, it’s a new day, and it’s time to answer the call to elevate your career and make life accessible for all.
Our purpose is to make life accessible.
Our compassion and knowledge set us apart. With kindness and expertise, we support individuals by delivering the right mobility, accessibility, personal care, and daily living solutions. We believe that providing people with comprehensive solutions empowers and fulfills us all.
Our role is to care.
As we strive to expand our reach and clients we care for, we are adding specialists to our teams who embody kindness, collaboration, and respect. If you want to help our clients experience their most vibrant lives while growing your career in a nurturing, learning-focused, and supportive environment – you will love being part of Motion.
Who we need
We are currently adding a compassionate and knowledgeable consultant to our team in Ottawa; someone who has experience in the industry and a dedication to our clients. We need a relationship-builder and solutions-oriented consultant who wants to spend their days working closely with therapists to match mobility and assisted living products with the needs of their clients.
What’s in it for you
Purpose and career development. This is an opportunity to channel your experience in sales to provide much needed customized service for clients seeking the right piece of equipment to make their life accessible. We believe in promoting from within, and as we grow, your career options will widen.
Who you are
You have extensive experience in accessibility equipment sales and service and you are comfortable picking up a tool to make adjustments for comfort and fit. People trust you. You seek opportunities to enhance the lives of your clients and find satisfaction in solving their mobility needs. You want to be part of a team and an organization that is a recognized, national brand.
What you will do
Our clients put their trust in Motion to ensure that their mobility devices are safe and fully functional. In this role you will:
- Provide solutions. Our sales consultants work directly with therapists to select the custom mobility device that best suits their needs. You will ensure that Motion is the top choice for mobility devices in the Ottawa and surrounding area, by building relationships, keeping up with new products and developing your knowledge of our equipment.
- Build and maintain relationships. As the driving force behind our business, you will constantly expand your network and create new relationships with Therapists, Caregivers, Manufacturers, and other Healthcare facilities in our community. You know how to work closely with therapists to determine the needs of the client to obtain the best-fit equipment.
- Be flexible and mobile. You will spend your days traveling to long-term care facilities, retirement homes, hospitals, schools and residences of clients with needs in the community. You will pull from our extensive inventory of mobility devices to demonstrate the products and services to our clients and their teams.
What you bring
- Education. Post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant program (business, sales, marketing, etc.). Education in Kinesiology or Health Sciences is an asset.
- Experience. 2+ years of sales experience within the rehab mobility equipment industry. You have performed in-person sales calls, working in the field at hospitals and facilities to demonstrate and deliver products.
- Innovation. You are a problem solver by nature and have expertise in innovating new ways to ensure your customer needs are met. You are creative in generating new leads. You can build relationships and network to ensure the continued growth of our business.
- Technical Skills. You have experience with a Customer Relationship Program (CRM). You are proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
Communication and Collaboration. You have outstanding oral and written communication skills. You can relate to people and build trust easily. You thrive in a team environment, working with internal and external teams to drive business and satisfy our customers.
- Additional must have requirements. You have a valid G-class driver’s license and a clean driving record. Travel to sites is required, however, you will be provided with a company vehicle. You have a clean criminal background check and are bondable. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
Why join? We are Motion
At Motion, we’ve undergone a recent transformation and we think that’s exciting. With a strong reputation as experts in our field, we’re turning inwards to foster a culture of belonging, giving and strength. Joining us now is a chance to be part of that momentum; a chance to make an impact in people’s lives and help create a company environment you believe in.
Thank you for taking the time to consider joining us. If you want to be part of our team, express your interest here.
Motion is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us.
Protective measures for COVID-19
At Motion, the safety of our employees and our clients is paramount. We’ve implemented several measures to reduce the risk of exposure to Covid-19. These include:
- Ensuring safe physical distancing at all locations and warehouses.
- Providing all employees with full personal protective equipment, including face shields, gowns, masks, and gloves.
- Disinfecting all locations and warehouses regularly and thoroughly.
- Continuous monitoring of the ongoing situation and updating policies as needed.