Giatec Scientific Inc. (Giatec) is looking for a Quality Engineer (QE) to be part of the Product Development / Supply Chain Management team. As a Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring all electrical or mechanical components, parts, or Hardware (HW) assemblies meet or exceed quality standards and requirement.
In this role, you will also become part of a cross functional team collaborating with designers, engineers, suppliers, and manufacturers to deliver highest quality products to our customers.
The work location for this role is primarily onsite (i.e. at Giatec’s office/lab in Ottawa, ON).
- Read and interpret drawings, sketches, bill of materials, manufacturing instructions and product specifications to determine requirements.
- Perform receiving, in-process, and final inspections on material, components, assemblies and finished electronics products.
- Manage satisfactory resolution of non-conforming products through established procedures.
- Conduct regular on-site vendor assessment of production process, auditing, identifying, and resolving quality issues and training Contract Manufactures.
- Contribute to designing assembly, test and inspection procedures in collaboration with product engineers and suppliers/manufacturers.
- Analyse data, detect anomalies, determine root cause and implement corrective actions.
- Contribute to the development of new products and validation procedures representing QE perspective and requirements.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3 to 5 years of experience inspecting/working with electro-mechanical assemblies or auditing manufacturers.
- Experience with manufacturing PCBA/electronics assemblies and finished product box building to IPC 610 class II.
- Exposure to quality management standards (ex: ISO9001, IATF 16949, AS9000) and good understanding of concepts involved in them.
- Strong computer based analytical skills (Computer programming skills using scripting languages is a plus)
- Attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Able to work independently and with minimum supervision.
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to lift 15Kg.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Possess Electronics Technology or Engineering degree.
Giatec Scientific Inc. (Giatec) is a global company bringing smart testing technologies and real-time data collection to the forefront of every jobsite to revolutionize the construction industry and reduce concrete’s carbon footprint. Giatec’s suite of hardware & software products leverages AI and the Internet of Things (IoT) and delivers wireless concrete sensors, mobile apps, and advanced non-destructive technologies (NDT) that drive innovation throughout concrete’s lifecycle.
Giatec technology has helped over 10,000 projects in 85-plus countries worldwide meet their construction targets on time, and this number is quickly growing. We have also been recognized by numerous organizations as one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies for three years running!
At Giatec, we fundamentally believe that attracting and keeping smart and talented people is a key to our success. We are looking for creative and passionate people to join our rapidly expanding team.
Team up with us and reshape your future!
Do you have some of these skills but not all? We still encourage you to apply as we would love to review your unique application and learn more about you! Please send your cover letter and resume to us indicating why you believe you would be a good fit for this role.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org before you apply through the company website so we can Endorse your application to HR directly. Please format the file name of your tailored resume+cover letter like this — First Name Last Name_Position.
At Giatec, we know that diversity, inclusion, and a sense of belongingness are critical to our success. We believe that employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences strengthen our workplace culture, boost our creativity, and help us to revolutionize the concrete industry.
Giatec is dedicated to creating a barrier-free environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require any special accommodation or support during the recruitment process, please indicate in your email to us.