About this role
As a Program Assistant Refugee Services, you will be an important addition to the work of Matthew House Ottawa, by assisting the Program Coordinator in day-to-day tasks required for the efficient and effective operation of our homes for refugees.
You would be asked to:
- Welcome new residents, with established intake procedures
- Connect clients to social services in Ottawa
- Provide settlement support to current and former residents
- Participate in overseeing household management of our homes for refugees, including supplies and logistics
- Respond to incoming calls and e-mails in a timely and efficient manner
- Contribute to successful program delivery as a key member of the refugee services team
- Perform administrative tasks and other duties assigned by the Program Coordinator
Ideal candidate will have:
- Post Secondary education in Social Services or related discipline
- Proven experience in client support or customer service
- Excellent people skills
- The ability to practice patience with a non-judgmental attitude
- Knowledge of the social services sector in Ottawa
- Fluent in English (required); ability to communicate in French and other languages an asset
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, OneNote)
- Police Records Check (Level 3 – Vulnerable sector check)
- Ability to solve routine problems
- Attention to detail and ability to respect and follow established systems
- Ability to work independently but also to thrive in a diverse team
- Passion for the vision, mission and values of Matthew House Ottawa
- You will work within a small team of committed and passionate individuals to run the program
- You will be required to work in person with refugees who recently arrived in Canada
- You may be required to work extended hours to take care of emergencies
- You must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, for the safety of our staff, volunteers and residents.
If you are interested in this role, please send us your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need any accommodations, please let us know at the outset of the process.
Please note, we will review applications on an ongoing basis and the job posting will be removed once candidate has been identified. We are only able to consider candidates who currently have the right to work in Canada.