SOCIAL MEDIA CONTENT CREATORFull Time Permanent
SOCIAL MEDIA CONTENT CREATOR
Under the direction of the Manager of Communications, the Social Media Content Creator provides compelling video content that reflects the Ottawa Catholic School Board (OCSB) story and brand. They will also execute daily operations for all OCSB social media platforms. This includes but is not limited to managing content calendar, designing, preparing posts, writing engaging captions and monitoring. This is a permanent 12-month position in a fast-moving field in a high tempo and collaborative environment. On occasion, the successful candidate must be prepared to work some weekends and/or evenings to meet operational requirements.
- Creating and editing internal and external video while meeting tight deadlines
- Being on-site at internal and external events at various locations to capture video and photos (use of personal vehicle will be required)
- Draft and execute clear and compelling social media content, including graphic design, copy, video and photography assets consistent with OCSB’s brand
- Develop and maintain a content calendar, including a monthly posting schedule across multiple platforms
- Conduct social media monitoring by reviewing comments and community feedback, research trends, best practices, competitor activity and perform active listening to improve and optimize campaign results
- Escalate issues as needed and share feedback in weekly reports
- Work to develop long-term planning for all digital platforms to ensure continuous improvement of OCSB’s social media presence
- Support the development and implementation of OCSB’s overall social media and community engagement strategy in close collaboration with the Assistant Communications Manager
- Regularly report on all digital key performance indicators and metrics
- Support the Communications Team with any other relevant Marketing tasks as required
- Perform other duties as required by the Supervisor
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in a relevant discipline such as Communications, Digital Marketing, etc.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a social media, digital communications and/or marketing role
- In-depth knowledge of the leading Social Media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Extensive understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite and Canva and comfortable with motion design using Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro
- Strong understanding of the elements of creating a video start to finish as well as techniques in photography
- Ability to clearly communicate and disseminate complicated ideas to a variety of different stakeholders in a user-friendly, concise and visual manner
- Demonstrated ability to produce graphics and engaging captions for social media content (written and visual)
- Exceptional English-language writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and shifts in focus
- Superior interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with demonstrated experience in project management and ability to manage multiple priorities while meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, learn new information quickly and to stay current with the latest trends and products in video and social media innovations
- Function well in a team environment and believe in the art of collaboration
- Advanced level skills and experience in Google Applications (Docs, Sheets, Forms, Sites, Drive, Email, Meet, Calendar, etc)
- Valid driver’s license and/or access to reliable transportation
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered
This is a full time (1.0 FTE) permanent position with an annual salary range of $81,639 to $88,555. An employee benefits and pension package is also available.
The approximate start date will be May 1, 2023.
How to Apply: Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume in pdf format and portfolio of their work, by 5:00 pm March 17, 2023.
The OCSB proudly serves over 45,000 students in 87 schools. We offer an education that respects all faiths’ universal values and is grounded in Catholic principles. We foster innovation to inspire Deep Learning so that all can realize their full potential. We offer a collaborative work environment, fulfilling careers, and the opportunity to make a difference in our students’ lives.
Interviews: We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If selected for an interview, you will receive an email including the interview date/time, location and process details. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
About the Ottawa Catholic School Board
The Ottawa Catholic School Board (OCSB) is located in Ottawa, Ontario. As Canada’s capital city, Ottawa ranks among the world’s most desirable cities to call home. We have a small-town feel with a big-city presence and a population of just over a million people.
The OCSB adheres to equitable hiring, employment and promotion practices and is committed to an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of our students. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, persons with disabilities, people from gender diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities, as well as others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas
The Ottawa Catholic School Board acknowledges that the land on which our schools are located is the traditional unceded territory of the Algonquin Anishinabek Peoples. We extend our respect to all First Nations, Inuit and Métis Peoples for their valuable past and present contributions to this land.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, (AODA), if you require accommodations at any time throughout the application process, please contact Tessa Shewen in the Human Resources Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the posting closing date so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
Notice of Collection, Use and Disclosure: The personal information you have provided on this form and any other correspondence relating to your employment, is collected by the Ottawa Catholic School Board under the authority of the Education Act (R.S.O. 1990 c.E.2) ss. 58.5, 265 and 266 and in accordance with Section 29(2) of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, (R.S.O. 1990 c.M.56). The information collected will be used for administrative purposes and matters of health and safety. If this information is required to be disclosed in compelling circumstances or for law enforcement matters or in accordance with any other Act, you will be notified. If you have any questions, please contact the Manager of Corporate Affairs at (613) 224 4455 ext 2271.