The purpose of this job is to ensure the correct slotting of all products in the distribution center. The Slotting Coordinator positions new listings based on the available data, ensures the products are properly placed in terms of velocity, temperature requirements, size, weight, and any other specifications. This job also involves analyzing data from operational reports, follow up with operations leaders, and take immediate action.
• Slot all new listings, special order and demand products according to size, quantity, weight, temperature requirements, etc.
• Collaborate with Merchandising and Receiving departments to ensure Ti-Hi changes are flagged and updated, and all other parameters are correct and maintained in our systems.
• Analyze and provide feedback on the reduction of letdowns and any other operational improvement related to slotting.
• Work closely with Inventory Control and Warehouse Operations to identify gaps in processes and resolve issues.
• Analyze slotting reports and follow up with operations leaders on improvement opportunities
• Be an active member of the Slotting Committee; take selector feedback, filter appropriately and escalate issues/opportunities to operational leaders.
• Spend time on the inbound shifts to follow up on specific actions and give retroaction to inbound crew.
• Identify Health & Safety issues through observations and interventions with inbound/outbound crews, and follow up with operational lead and/or EHS lead
• Is willing to work safely with minimal environmental impact and understands the importance of reporting all hazards, incidents, and environmental spills immediately to their Supervisor.
• Understands that they play an integral role in their own safety and that of their colleagues and is willing to speak out when hazards are present.
• Responsible for compliance with all Policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) comprising Sysco’s Food Safety Program, specific for the assigned role.
• Assist Food Safety Program Manager in ensuring compliance to Sysco’s Food Safety Program that leads to compliance with third party certification and customer requirements.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 1+ years experience in a distribution/warehouse facility with high level analysis.
• College diploma is preferred, equivalent experience would be considered.
• Preferred experience with warehouse management system (SWMS) and IDS
• Intermediate level Excel skills.