Cloud Specialist, ServiceNowFull Time
By generating and distributing power, each person at Hydro Ottawa is part of empowering the lives of people in the communities we serve.
Our work means all the activities that make up our lives – at home, at work, at play – are there when we need them.
That purpose unites us and fuels our work. And if joining us in this essential work energizes you too, we may have the opportunity for you.
The Cloud Specialist, ServiceNow is responsible for the administration, layout, configuration, implementation, and maintenance of Hydro Ottawa’s ServiceNow system by performing analysis, developing design specifications, configuring applications, solving complex system issues, determining best course of action, identifying areas for process improvement, performing testing and deploying changes. The Cloud Specialist, ServiceNow is also responsible for the research, evaluation and recommendation of solutions required for the strategic implementation of all ServiceNow system components.
- Champion product adoption and ensure user feedback and suggestions are captured and prioritized
- Own all aspects of requirements management and delivery in the product lifecycle: planning, elicitation, analysis and documentation
- Responsible for the layout, administration, configuration and maintenance of our ServiceNow solution cloud application software, while ensuring alignment of data, security, infrastructure and application architecture
- Perform configuration of software and extend applications to meet business requirements and facilitate problem resolution activities, following the established change management process and systems
- Create and configure workflows based on the business requirements and best practices using Flow Designer and Workflow editor, working on integration of other applications with ServiceNow using integration technology
- Create business rules, UI policies, UI pages, UI macros, UI actions, Scripts, etc.
- Participate in deploying ServiceNow patches/updates and new versions of the platform and other integrated applications
- Prepare and maintain documentation for ServiceNow standards and procedures
- Monitor performance, usage and overall compliance of ServiceNow and its applications
- Assist in the development of the end-user documentation and training
- Liaise with users of ServiceNow to provide business process support and recommendations
- Prepare and present new functionality of the software to internal stakeholders
- Coordinate and/or execute the UAT process, perform smoke testing, test case validation, and obtain business approvals on UAT for scheduled deployments
- Assist with the contract and licence renewal of ServiceNow and integrated systems for the provisions of vendor services, proposal evaluations and functionality recommendations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A post-secondary degree/diploma in a related technical discipline, such as Computer Science
- Minimum 6 months experience in application development, software development life cycle methodology, and experience in large-scale/enterprise-wide “off-the-shelf” application installation and configuration
- Minimum 6 months experience in requirements elicitation techniques such as document analysis, interviews, facilitated workshops, observation, prototyping, focus groups
- Minimum 6 months hands on experience with the ServiceNow Platform, or other workflow automation low code platforms
A combination of relevant education and experience may substitute for academic requirements
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow best practices and demonstrated understanding of ITIL processes, operations and procedures considered an asset
English essential, both oral and written
Bilingual (English and French) considered an asset