Administrative SpecialistFull Time
Sander Geophysics (SGL) specializes in high-resolution airborne geophysical surveys for petroleum and mineral exploration, as well as environmental applications. The company carries out airborne gravity, magnetic, electromagnetic, and radiometric surveys, using fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters.
In addition to supporting SGL’s general operations, the Administrative Specialist is the primary support to the Geophysics and the Business Development teams. This is an in-office role, not remote.
Responsibilities of the Position
- Editing and formatting reports and proposals (calibration, data acquisition and processing, technical, and interpretation) in English, French, and sometimes in Spanish;
- Assist with all front office tasks including receiving and directing incoming phone calls, distribution of mail, welcoming visitors;
- Provide administrative support to Geophysics, Marketing and Engineering departments;
- Liaise with management, diplomatic personnel and field personnel worldwide;
- Act as a back-up for the travel coordinator as needed;
- Apply for overseas visa and work permit applications for SGL employees;
- Understand, comply with and promote all company safety precautions and policies including reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; and
- Perform other administrative duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced-level proficiency in Libre Office/ MS Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat;
- Excellent proof reading and writing skills with ability to edit complex documents;
- Ability to create accessible documents;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Have a sharp eye for detail and be well-organized;
- Two (2) years of related office experience an asset;
- Completion of related Post-Secondary education an asset;
- Previous experience in a legal or technical environment an asset; and
- Ability to communicate in and translate documents in French and/or Spanish considered an asset.
SGL is committed to promoting employee wellness and successful work-life balance. Employee benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Comprehensive Benefits coverage including health, dental, vision, and paramedical
- Life insurance
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Paid vacation, personal leave, and medical leave
- On-site gym and fitness classes
- Social gatherings such as BBQs throughout the year
- On-site parking
If you are interested or know a qualified person who would be interested, please forward their resume to email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject line of your email.
Sander Geophysics is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, contact Human Resources prior to your interview. Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their interest.