WHO WE ARE
BioTalent Canada is the HR partner for Canada’s biotechnology industry. Our success relies on the power of our relationships – our team has built a dynamic network of associations, academic institutions, service providers, and employers doing incredible, leading-edge work to drive the Canadian biotechnology economy forward. Our services help that network to strengthen skills, connect job-ready talent to industry, and enable employers to create thriving workforces that support their growth.
Recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces in Canada with 10-50 employees and awarded a Great Place to Work® Certification 2022, BioTalent Canada practices the same industry standards it recommends to it stakeholders. These distinctions were awarded to BioTalent Canada following a thorough and independent analysis conducted by Great Place to Work®.
The Canadian bio-economy is people focused, a career of choice and a key driver of the Canadian economy.
We strengthen Canada’s bio-economy by providing valuable, evidence-based labour market information and the best job-ready human resources available.
Acting in partnership we harness our candor, enthusiasm and sincerity to demonstrate leadership, credibility, integrity and diversity.
WHAT WE DO
We conduct Labour Market Research to provide insights for our partners into workforce availability. We deliver wage subsidies and facilitate career placement opportunities to help employers reduce the risk of hiring and allow biotechnology workers access to unique opportunities in their field. We provide job search and candidate search tools to connect employers with talent, and we provide professional development opportunities for workers to develop the skills they need to support Canada’s bio-economy. We are connection-creators and relationship-builders, and we thrive on opening doors and creating opportunities for the groups we serve.
Our team is the key to our success. We have a dedicated group of high-performing employees who live our values and are driven to achieve great things, but we balance our commitment and hard work with our joie-de-vivre – we prize hilarious jokes, innovative approaches, diverse perspectives, and community-mindedness.
We take pride in the work environment at BioTalent Canada, and we offer a number of unique programs and benefits to employees to enrich their experience working here. In 2019, we enlisted an external consulting firm to conduct market research to determine the market competitiveness of our current programs and benefits. Out of that study, we learned that among Canadian Non-Profit and Small- to Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs), BioTalent Canada’s collective paid leave programs (including vacation, sick time, personal emergency leave, volunteer time off and statutory holidays) are above market.
We are currently looking for a motivated Administrative Assistant to join our team. This is a 1-year contract, with the possibility of permanency if extended.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Reporting to the Project Manager, Wage Subsidies, the Administrative Assistant supports the team with the coordination and administration of project activities.
In this role you can expect to:
- Provide administrative support for project and government reporting
- Process administrative data associated with projects efficiently and in accordance with internal processes
- Ensure accurate and timely entry of data using CRM and digital platforms
- Liaise with various BioTalent Canada partners to coordinate project deliverables
- Understand and monitor appropriate compliance to terms of projects
- Take a solutions-oriented approach to identify project issues and provide recommendations to Project Manager
- Respond to inquires with a high level of customer care
- Redirect and triage questions to appropriate individuals as needed
- Track details of stakeholder calls for marketing and communications purposes
- Assist with other project deliverables and teams as required in a dynamic work environment
WHAT YOU WLL BRING
- Excellent customer service skills, a relationship builder and an affable team player
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong data entry skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills, with the ability to work under pressure and prioritize competing deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal in both of Canada’s official languages
- Pro-active, self-starter, and a critical thinker who applies sound judgement
- Ability to work autonomously, take ownership of tasks and creatively solve problems
- In-depth knowledge of MS Office software and CRM databases
- 1-3 years post-secondary education specializing in administration or a relevant
- 3 years related administrative/ financial experience
Preferred qualifications include:
Experience with government reporting and projects is an asset
BioTalent Canada offers a competitive total rewards package and a hybrid work environment, with opportunities to regularly work from the Ottawa office. The preferred location for this position is Ottawa, with the expectation to work from the office on average two days per week.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, and resume outlining your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 8th, 2023.
BioTalent Canada prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for applications in all aspects of the selection process.