We are currently looking for a talented Bilingual Marketing & Communications Coordinator to join our team. This is a 1-year contract, with the possibility of permanency if extended.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Working with a collaborative team of motivated professionals, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator contributes to the overall communication of BioTalent Canada’s services designed to strengthen Canada’s bioeconomy. This role reports directly to the Project Manager, Marketing and Communications. Key areas of focus include supporting external events, updating the BioTalent Canada website and coordinating translations.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU CAN EXPECT TO:
· Aid in the development and implementation of offline and online marketing materials and company communications, ensuring accuracy and clarity while respecting corporate guidelines and confidentiality requirements
· Support the coordination and implementation of marketing events, and media conferences
· Take an active role in coordinating corporate participation at events to align with marketing and sales objectives
· Coordinate marketing and communications activities to support BioTalent Canada projects, product revenue and partnerships
· Track metrics and success criteria for programs and activities
· Facilitate the coordination of content for translation and publication, including reviewing translated copy
· Edit and proofread materials for brand consistency
· Provide ground support for project staff, supplying them with appropriate marketing collateral
· Update the BioTalent Canada website in French and English utilizing SEO best practices
· Act as a back-up for the production of the eNewsletter and provide support for other emails including writing, layout, coding, and sending and managing contact lists
· Assist with market research
· Provide support and backup of marketing and communication activities such as social media, media monitoring, and contractor coordination
· Track activities in the client relationship management system (CRM)
· Maintain the Marketing and Communications activity planner
· Perform other duties as required in a dynamic work environment
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
· Affable team player with an outstanding sense of humour who excels working with team of high performers
· A passion for marketing and communications, with experience in event coordination
· 1-3 years related marketing communications experience in a business or non-profit
· University or College degree/certificate, specializing in Communications, Marketing or equivalent in experience
· Proven fluency in both English and French, written and verbal
· Excellent writing and editing skills and ability to comparatively read translated copy
· Proficiency in standard computer applications and broad understanding of computer software
· Demonstrated abilities in editing and proofreading
· Working experience with websites, social media and related technologies
· Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
· Project support/coordination skills to plan, develop, and implement proactive communications initiatives
· Ability to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple projects
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
· Knowledge of/experience in the biotechnology industry in Canada
· Experience in non-profit organizations
· Knowledge of website content management programs and Adobe Creative Suite
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Proficient with corporate productivity tools
· Strong listening and presentation skills
BioTalent Canada offers a competitive total compensation package. BioTalent Canada offers a hybrid work environment, with opportunities to regularly work from the Ottawa office.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, and resume outlining your interest and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 22, 2022.
BioTalent Canada prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for applications in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in BioTalent Canada, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.