The Pest Management Specialist plays an important role in overseeing the work of a team responsible for the implementation of all facets of our Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program. Through their efforts, our residents, employees, and patrons of our Recreation Centre and programs will enjoy a best-in class living and working experience. They will support the IPM program by providing quality control, auditing, and implementing and sharing best practices to create living conditions that are safe, pest free and meet Accora Village brand standards.
1. Pest Management
The Pest Management Specialist will support our Integrated Pest Management program through:
- Overseeing and managing the Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program
- Being the primary contact for all pest management services on site
- Providing direction and management for all provider accounts
- Ensuring all staff training, project and property documentation associated with pest management is up to date
- Working with internal and external stakeholders in the prevention and resolution of pest issues
- Overseeing the preventative pest management inspections of buildings and units
- Identifying specific problem areas, risks, and planned solutions.
- Promoting awareness and informing residents and staff on IPM principles and practices leading to improved prevention and treatment of pests.
- Supporting effective pest management through repair and maintenance, and appropriate pest control techniques, in accordance with statutory requirements and established policies, procedures, guidelines and standards.
- Collecting, monitoring, analyzing, and reporting customer satisfaction data/KPI’s related to pest management issues
- Communicating customer to the senior leadership team.
- Other tasks and duties may be assigned as required.
2. Customer Service
- The Pest Management Specialist ensures a high level of resident satisfaction through:
- Constant and consistent attention to customer service
- Executing proactive approaches to connecting with the resident
- Developing and maintaining a deep expertise of our products, processes, resident services, and best practices
- Liaising with our Leasing, Marketing and Customer Experience departments to ensure a successful transition and experience for new residents
- Ensuring resident concerns are communicated to the relevant departments and senior leadership
- Making informed decisions based on corporate values to ensure positive outcomes for both residents as well as the organization
- Advising Operations staff when handling difficult customers and acts as a layer of escalation.
3. High Performing Teams
The Pest Management Specialist will influence staff to ensure a customer centric approach by:
- Contributing to and promoting a cohesive and positive work environment.
- Supporting and corroborating with the Director of Operations – Maintenance in establishing new or revised procedures and informing staff of the same
- Staying informed of relevant regulations as outlined in the building, property standards, and fire safety codes, as well as landlord-tenant legislation and communicate any pertinent changes to their deliverables
- Contributing to a culture of accountability and driving performance through dynamic staff engagement and effective communication.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Post-secondary diploma and certification in Pest Management with a valid provincial Pesticide Applicators license
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in multi-residential pest control industry
- 3-5 years’ supervisory or management experience
- Exemplary verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Superior customer service and negotiation skills
- As a condition of employment, must have a valid Criminal Background Check.
- Unless an accommodation under Ontario’s Humans Rights Code is applicable, it is a requirement of the company that all eligible employees are and will remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Understanding of current property management legal and regulatory practices
- A working vehicle and class “G” Ontario Driver’s License are a requirement
- Proficiency with Yardi, Excel and MS Office software would be considered an asset
- Extended periods at a computer may be required at times
- Working in a busy office environment with frequent interruptions
- Occasional overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Competing demands may create stress
- Physical effort is minimal
- Travel is minimal, but may be required to attend special events
- Possible exposure to pest-control related chemicals
- Occasional lifting and carrying tools or equipment up to 50 pounds may be required
- Frequent travel between buildings to visit properties and inspect equipment
We’ve got great perks!
When you join Ferguslea Properties in this role, you gain access to:
- Health/ Wellness initiatives
- 10 Paid Sick Days
- Additional on-call pay and a monthly vehicle allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Use of our recreation centre, fitness amenities, and related programming
- Community Involvement & philanthropy opportunities
- Comprehensive medical & dental benefits
- Corporate RRSP Program
- Educational Support programs
- Regular Employee engagement opportunities
- Free parking
- Opportunities to attend Hockey, football, soccer games & concerts
- Rent discounts for full-time permanent employees living on site
- Room for advancement & internal promotions
- Paid training & development opportunities