Manager, Settlement & Structured TransactionsPermanent
Title: Manager, Settlement & Structured Transactions
Business Group: Business Services Group – Finance
Work Location: 41 Victoria Street, Gatineau, Quebec
Brookfield Renewable is one of the core businesses under Brookfield Asset Management (“Brookfield”), one of the world’s leading alternative asset managers. Brookfield operates in over 30 countries and manages over $600 billion of real assets focused on real estate, infrastructure, renewable power, private equity and credit. Brookfield is publicly listed on the NYSE and TSX.
Brookfield Renewable is one of the world’s largest owners, operators and developers of renewable power, with $59 billion of power assets under management. Our portfolio of hydropower, wind, utility-scale solar, distributed generation, and storage assets extends across North America, South America, Europe, India and China, totaling over 24,000 megawatts of capacity, and nearly 6,000 generating facilities globally. Leveraging over 120 years of operating experience and industry-leading innovation, we drive value across our extensive clean energy platform and deliver innovative renewable power solutions that accelerate the world towards a low-carbon future. Our value extends well beyond the clean energy we produce to fuel a sustainable, growing economy. From our extensive renewable power fleet, we make positive economic, social and environmental impacts in the communities where we live and work.
At Brookfield Renewable, we attract and retain high-performing individuals who are interested in making an impact and being part of a fast-paced and collaborative environment. Join our team to contribute to the success of one of the fastest growing and largest publicly traded, pure play renewable power platforms in the world while supporting decarbonization and greater energy sustainability to facilitate the global transition to a net-zero economy.
Reporting to the Director, Settlement and Structured Transactions, the Regional Manager, Settlement & Structured Transactions will be responsible for monitoring and ensuring back-office settlement processes associated with short and long-term contracts and energy market trading in the US and Canada are executed in a timely and efficient manner.
• Lead and manage a team of analysts responsible for the settlement and the accounting of transactions in the Canadian and US electricity markets and contracts with external counterparties
• Set team objectives, track progress and measure performance
• Manage and organize the team’s workload and set priorities
• Support the team to fully understand electricity market charge code algorithms and the corporate structure in order to allocate revenue and charges to the right legal entity and trading strategy;
• Understand the accounting organizational standards
• Conduct research and analysis to remain current with market rules that impact electricity market settlement
• Oversee the analysis of current settlement processes, procedures and reports for continued development and improvement
• Collaborate with various departments to ensure accuracy in financial and regulatory reports submitted to management
• Manage the integration of new acquisitions into the settlement processes
• Review new transactions, draft contracts and Request for Proposals to provide settlement section approval and comments
• Work with IT on system improvements and implementation projects
• Manage the SOX Revenue controls, meet with auditors and coordinate supporting documentation
• Support various audits
• Work with other business functions and external electricity markets to resolve settlement disputes
• Support the Director, Settlement and Structured Transactions in various tasks and provide updates on team’s tasks and objectives
• Undergraduate degree in Economics, Business Administration, Finance or a related financial/quantitative discipline
• Minimum four (4) years of relevant work experience preferably in energy
• Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset
• Advanced Excel skills is an asset (i.e. Macros, Pivot Tables, PowerQuery)
• Knowledge of reconciliation and validation software such as Open Access Technology International, Inc.(OATI) is an asset
• Knowledge of Industrial and Financial Systems (IFS) is an asset
• Knowledge of Trade Capture and Data Validation Systems such as TRMTracker or Risk Management System (RMS) is an asset
• Team Leadership: Assuming a leadership role in helping others achieve excellent results.
• Managing and Measuring Work: Organizing time, work and resources (e.g., people) to accomplish work objectives effectively and efficiently; tracking progress toward accomplishing the work objectives.
• Decision Making: Making decisions involving varied levels of risk and ambiguity.
• Developing Others: Fostering employee development by providing a supportive learning environment.
• Analytical Thinking; Analyzing and synthesizing information to understand issues, identify options, and support sound decision making.
• Achievement Orientation: Focusing efforts on achieving high quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
• Business Perspective: Using an understanding of business issues, processes and outcomes to enhance business performance.
• Critical Judgment: Evaluating ideas and information while referring to objective criteria to reach rational conclusion
What We Offer
• Competitive salary, bonus, benefits from day 1, paid time off, Defined Contribution Pension Plan
• Opportunity for growth and development
• Exposure to different businesses, geographies, and teams
• A collaborative, open, dynamic and fast paced environment
• Free onsite gym
Brookfield Renewable has a strong culture that focuses on collaboration and values in-office interactions. We believe that it is beneficial for employees to be in the office to ensure that we provide the appropriate training and coaching, facilitate real-time learning through direct interactions with colleagues and senior leaders via our open concept environment, and accelerate the integration of new employees into our teams. As we transition back to the office, we are currently offering a hybrid work environment with a minimum of 3 days in office, and we will reassess the approach on a as needed basis.
Brookfield Renewable embraces and promotes the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Indigenous peoples and other persons of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions. We also provide accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request. If contacted to proceed to the recruitment process, please advise us if you require any accommodation.