If you’re a smart, proactive, individual who is looking for employment as a Carpenter for one of the leading construction developers in Ontario, then we believe you may have found your next employer.
Patry Group embodies a corporate belief that is dynamic and assertive. An advocate of our industry’s best management practices; a user of innovative construction methodologies; and, aware of both local and global concerns. We provide services to the construction and property management sectors and strive to be the best resource in Canada.
We at Patry Group promote creating a diverse workforce built on inclusiveness. We are on the hunt for a Carpenter who shares the same belief and is excited to make a significant splash on our team.
You have graduated from an accredited technical college and/or are in the early stages of an apprenticeship or are an experienced Journeyman.
You conquer deadlines and thrive under the pressure, you are excellent at creating/building relationships, and can communicate efficiently and effectively.
You are proficient in using Carpenter tools and equipment, while applying knowledge of construction systems to complete tasks.
Your core values embrace trust, respect, and confidentiality, all of which you can apply daily in your position.
If this sounds like you, please submit a cover letter and resume clearly indicating how you meet the criteria reported above for this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Summary: This position will be responsible for repair, renovations and improvements to our multiunit residential buildings, sites, and new builds. The Carpenter must have a good working knowledge of the residential construction industry and uphold tenet and staff safety while performing all aspects of the project.
Duties & Responsibilities:
– Installing wooden structures such as roofing framers, joists, partitions, rafters, and stud work
– Designing and installation of cabinets, shelves, drywall, and insulation
– Adding fittings and fixtures including door handles, hinges, locks, and closures
– Selecting lumber as per the requirements of the project and sourcing wood that fits within budget and meets style specifications
– Liaising with clients to discuss project details, budgets, and timelines
– Working with suppliers to obtain necessary material while staying within the customer/client budget
– Consulting other construction professionals to ensure the best possible results and the final product
– Reading blueprints and designs prepared by other architects, construction professionals, and ensuring they meet building code recommendations and requirements.
– A degree or an apprenticeship in carpentry
– High level of creativity
– Excellent design skills
– Ability to use hand and power tools, including drills, saws, nail guns, chisels, and sanders
– Cabinet making or joinery skills
– Comprehensive knowledge of building regulations and codes
Physical Conditions – Working indoors in residential/commercial buildings, outdoors on construction sites, sometimes in inclement weather.
Psychological Conditions – Completing deadlines, leadership responsibilities.
Incumbent must comply with all pertinent legislation and associated regulations. This may include, but is not limited to: PIPEDA, Occupational Health & Safety Act, WSIB, Employment Standards Act.
We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, and local law.
We particularly welcome applications from women, black, indigenous, people of colour, LGBTQ2+, people with disabilities, and other under-represented, minority or equity seeking groups. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We would like to thank everyone who applies, it takes courage to take the first step, but we can only respond to those under consideration.