Title: Java Developer and Front-End Developer
Department: Digital & Print Offerings
Reports to: Director, Solution Development
The Canadian Pharmacists Association (CPhA) is expanding our development team and looking to fill multiple front-end and back-end development positions.
We are a fully remote and agile team with the ability to adapt and react to the changing requirements of our content, analytics, and marketing groups, as well as new requirements that arise from industry partners and customers.
These roles support new development and continuous improvement of existing web applications for the Canadian Pharmacists Association. We are a small team of developers creating tools and services to support the creation, publishing, and distribution of pharmaceutical and therapeutic content to pharmacies, hospitals, universities, and health care environments across Canada and the world. Being a small team, you can gain experience in not only the entire lifecycle of our products, but also in every aspect from front-end, back-end, storage, and dev-ops.
Duties and Tasks
- Supports the development of new, and enhancement of existing web
- Contributing to all phases of the development lifecycle, from concept and design to
- Writing well-designed, testable, efficient
- Communicates and enforces coding
- Develops and reviews system and design
- Ensure development complies with
- Researches and implements software development technologies and
- Recommends technical design enhancements to existing
- Investigates, analyzes, resolves, and documents software problems of a complex nature and initiates corrective
- Reviews the work of other team members when
- Assists with application deployment when
Post-secondary degree in computer science or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of computer programming and software design
- 3+ years of work experience in a development
- Experience with investigating, analyzing, diagnosing, and resolving complex
- Experience working in an Agile development
- 3+ years of experience in Java development with an emphasis on the Spring Framework, OR,
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience with Angular This includes functionality such as RxJS, Redux/NGRX, routing, and cross-platform requirements.
- Demonstrated experience using AWS or other Cloud technologies as a deployment
- Experience developing and consuming RESTful APIs for web
- Experience with source-code management & build tools (Git, Jenkins and Maven).
- Experience with Apache Tomcat and
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL, PostgreSQL and ORM such as
Our solutions are strongly centered on the use of DITA XML for structured content and XSLT for publishing. Having experience with the following would provide a better insight to how our information works.
- Prior experience deploying solutions to the AWS cloud would be considered an
- Experience working with authentication solutions (ie, OAuth/OpenID, JWT) for web
- Experience configuring and working with proxy
- Experience using JIRA/Confluence for issue/task management and
- Knowledge of required programming languages
- Ability to work with little
- Proficient with the software development life cycle (requirements, analysis, design, development, and documentation).
- Strong communication and collaboration skills and can work effectively within a
- Able to work effectively in a fully remote
- Ability to display a commitment to and advocate for diversity and inclusion
- The work we do makes a difference in people’s
- We’re a group of people who are passionate about the health and well-being of We take our work seriously, but we still take time to share a good laugh.
- We care about your health and well-being. CPhA pays for your medical/dental benefits, Employee Assistance Plan and provides regular wellness sessions and resources
- We care about your financial CPhA offers matching RRSP and access to a financial advisor.
- We care about your work-life CPhA offers generous paid time off and our office is closed between Christmas and New Years.