CARE Canada is looking for a Program Officer to join our team on a 5 month contract.
ABOUT THE ROLE / WHAT THE ROLE OFFERS
The Global Programs unit is responsible for the overall management of CARE Canada’s annual development and humanitarian programming portfolio. In resilience programming, CARE Canada is working in fragile and complex contexts to promote economic empowerment and access to education for women and youth, aligned with CARE 2030 Vision – the organization’s global strategy which commits to harnessing collective power to fight poverty and achieve social justice.
Under the leadership of the Program Manager, the Program Officer (PO) supports the quality implementation of a diversified portfolio of resilience projects funded by Global Affairs Canada and other donors in line with best practices, through guidance and support to country offices around the world, including programmatic, administrative, financial, and contractual elements. The PO supports the administration and implementation of projects, including high quality reporting and project monitoring and evaluation (M&E).
This position requires an individual who is very flexible, provides expertise and leadership and who works well within a team. A strong understanding and practical experience integrating gender equality in humanitarian interventions is desired.
WHAT YOU OFFER / ABOUT YOU
- Experience working on international development or humanitarian projects.
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation and Results-Based Management Tools.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills in English. Ability to review, analyze and synthesize information to produce high quality project documents (including donor reports).
- Previous experience working in an international NGO, local NGO or UN agency.
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills with ability to work in a team-based and collaborative environment.
- Experience using participatory and collaborative approaches to move teams towards results
- Able to establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment, and meet deadlines with strong attention to detail. Strong ability to multi-task.
- Create an environment within CARE’s workplaces, programming, and communities where CARE works that is free from sexual harassment, sexual abuse and sexual exploitation and child abuse (SHEA-CA).
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU EXTRAORDINARY
- Experience working on projects funded by Global Affairs Canada.
- Knowledge of gender equality programming.
- Previous experience working in a developing country.
- Experience working with projects focused on economic empowerment and education.
- Experience in capacity building with partners and colleagues.
WHAT WE OFFER / ABOUT CARE
- Starting Salary Range between $55,000 – $60,000, depending on skills and experience
- Full benefits: dental, medical, vision care, paramedical, life insurance (some exceptions may apply) and professional and confidential Employee Assistance Program services
- Generous leave entitlements, including December holiday closure
- International travel opportunities
- Learning and development opportunities and specialised training
- Flexible work hours and hybrid/work from home arrangement
- A family friendly environment
- Amazing colleagues who are very committed to CARE’s mission
If you are someone who thrives on challenge, loves to be part of a dynamic team and you are passionate about making a difference, then this opportunity is for you and we would like to hear from you. Please apply directly at https://bit.ly/35Be3Yv before March 13,2022. Please note resumes will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the advertisement will be removed once candidate has been identified. We are only able to consider candidates who currently have the right to work in Canada.
CARE Canada is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Recruitment-related accommodations for persons with disabilities are available on request.
As part of CARE Canada’s commitment to preventing sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, we conduct reference checks on all final stage candidates in line with the Interagency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. By applying to this role with CARE Canada, you are giving us consent to contact your previous employers to seek information in line with this scheme.