Digital Marketing & Fundraising SpecialistFull Time Permanent
CARE Canada is looking for a Digital Marketing and Fundraising Specialist
ABOUT THE ROLE / WHAT THE ROLE OFFERS
CARE Canada is seeking a Digital Marketing and Fundraising Specialist to join a dedicated team of staff on CARE Canada’s Marketing, Communications, and Direct Response team. We are looking for someone who is solution-focused, data-driven, and who enjoys working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The Digital Marketing and Fundraising Specialist will play an active role in CARE Canada’s digital transformation as we work to inspire Canadians to take tangible action in support of CARE Canada’s mission and raise awareness of the CARE Canada brand.
The Digital Marketing and Fundraising Specialist will assist in the development of a comprehensive digital engagement plan and will implement the plan to acquire, steward, and retain leads and donors via digital channels. They will help to design and implement paid ad campaigns, manage the CARE Canada email program, manage and grow the digital peer-to-peer program, and work to optimize and transform the online donor and supporter experience. The Digital Marketing and Fundraising Specialist will report directly to the Manager of Direct Response.
WHAT YOU OFFER / ABOUT YOU
- 3-5 years of professional experience in digital marketing and advertising, digital fundraising, or digital communications with proven engagement and revenue results.
- A passion for creating engaging campaigns that empower Canadians to take action in support of the rights of women and girls around the world.
- A passion for creating digitally engaging copy and content that drives donors and supporters to a call to action.
- Demonstrated and comprehensive experience with digital advertising platforms and tools including but not limited to Google Ads and Facebook and Instagram Ads Manager.
- Demonstrated experience managing digital projects including SEO/SEM optimization, email program management, web/email metrics and benchmarking, CRM and website integration, and national digital advertising campaigns.
- Experience with UX optimization, A/B testing, donation form creation and testing, and audience segmentation strategies.
- Proficient in the use and optimization of CRM tools – Raiser’s Edge NXT, Luminate Online, or Salesforce preferred.
- Strong data manipulation and digital analytics skills.
- Strong project management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to manage relationships across an organization.
- Promote and maintain an organizational culture that advances gender equality, reduces power abuse and inequalities, and fosters trust and safety.
- Create an environment within CARE’s workplaces, programming, and communities where CARE works that is free from sexual harassment, sexual abuse and sexual exploitation and child abuse (SHEA-CA).
- Ensure high standards of prevention and response measures for SHEA-CA are in place consistent with the CARE International (CI) Safeguarding Policy and Safeguarding Code of Conduct.
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU EXTRAORDINARY
- Experience with social media strategy, execution, and measurement.
- Basic graphic design skills for web.
- Experience working with digital agencies and vendors.
WHAT WE OFFER / ABOUT CARE
- Starting Salary Range between $63,000 – $67,000, depending on skills and experience
- Full benefits: dental, medical, vision care, paramedical, life insurance (some exceptions may apply) and professional and confidential Employee Assistance Program services
- Generous leave entitlements, including December holiday closure
- International travel opportunities
- Learning and development opportunities and specialized training
- Flexible work hours and current work from home arrangement
- A family friendly environment
- Amazing colleagues who are very committed to CARE’s mission
If you are someone who thrives on challenge, loves to be part of a dynamic team and you are passionate about making a difference, then this opportunity is for you and we would like to hear from you. Please apply before April 8, 2022. Please note resumes will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the advertisement will be removed once candidate has been identified. We are only able to consider candidates who currently have the right to work in Canada.
CARE Canada has a mandatory vaccination policy currently in place with accommodations based on the Ontario Human Rights Code.
CARE Canada is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Recruitment-related accommodations for persons with disabilities are available on request.
As part of CARE Canada’s commitment to preventing sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, we conduct reference checks on all final stage candidates in line with the Interagency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. By applying to this role with CARE Canada, you are giving us consent to contact your previous employers to seek information in line with this scheme.