Accounts Payable CoordinatorFull Time
Title: Accounts Payable Coordinator
Business Group: Business Services Group – Finance
Work Location: 41 Victoria Street, Gatineau, Quebec
Brookfield Renewable is one of the core businesses under Brookfield Asset Management (“Brookfield”), one of the world’s leading alternative asset managers. Brookfield operates in over 30 countries and manages over $600 billion of real assets focused on real estate, infrastructure, renewable power, private equity, and credit. Brookfield is publicly listed on the NYSE and TSX.
Brookfield Renewable is one of the world’s largest owners, operators, and developers of renewable power, with $59 billion of power assets under management. Our portfolio of hydropower, wind, utility-scale solar, distributed generation, and storage assets extends across North America, South America, Europe, India, and China, totaling over 24,000 megawatts of capacity, and nearly 6,000 generating facilities globally. Leveraging over 120 years of operating experience and industry-leading innovation, we drive value across our extensive clean energy platform and deliver innovative renewable power solutions that accelerate the world towards a low-carbon future. Our value extends well beyond the clean energy we produce to fuel a sustainable, growing economy. From our extensive renewable power fleet, we make positive economic, social, and environmental impacts in the communities where we live and work.
At Brookfield Renewable, we attract and retain high-performing individuals who are interested in making an impact and being part of a fast-paced and collaborative environment. Join our team to contribute to the success of one of the fastest growing and largest publicly traded, pure play renewable power platforms in the world while supporting decarbonization and greater energy sustainability to facilitate the global transition to a net-zero economy.
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager, the Accounts Payable Coordinator will be responsible for processing invoices, expense claims, and produce weekly payments in accordance with company policies and procedures.
What We Offer
• Competitive salary, benefits from day 1, paid time off
• Opportunity for growth and development
• Exposure to different businesses, geographies, and teams
• A collaborative, open, dynamic and fast paced environment
• Free on-site gym
• Leverage the available AP tools and systems to ensure supplier invoices are effectively processed:
• Enter and post approved invoices and ensure accurate data entry in ERP system;
• Confirm accurate matching of invoices with receipts, and their respective purchase orders;
• Ensure that invoices without purchase orders are approved according to policies in place;
• Verify and process expense claims;
• Work closely with internal stakeholders, to ensure timely processing of invoices while verifying compliance to company policies and procedures;
• Prepare Wire, EFT/ACH, V-Card and Cheques payments on a weekly basis;
• Perform follow-up on invoice disputes and resolve billing and payments issues (e.g. outstanding/past due accounts, failed payments);
• Monitor and perform follow-up of statement of accounts and contact vendors as required;
• Manage communications with suppliers (such as the AP shared email);
• Investigate and resolve any sales tax issues with respect to purchase orders and invoices;
• Prepare year end forms such as 1099, 1096 & 1042;
• Process credit card statement transactions;
• Assist Accounting in month end close process;
• Assist in year-end audit;
• Other duties and ad-hoc tasks as assigned
• Minimum two (2) years of accounts payable or accounts receivable experience is preferred; however, an understanding of accounting with previous office/administrative experience will be considered;
• Effectively and professionally able to interact with remote internal clients and external vendors alike;
• Experience using an ERP system, in particular knowledge of IFS, is an asset;
• Ability to work in a very fast-paced, high-volume environment, with a focus on quality and accuracy;
• Solid understanding of Accounts Payable, Accounting, purchasing and business processes is an asset;
• Proactive with the ability to work independently, escalating issues when appropriate;
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to use sound judgment;
• Positive, proactive approach to enhancing accounts payable methods and company practices and ability to effectively adapt to change;
• Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook
Brookfield Renewable has a strong culture that focuses on collaboration and values in-office interactions. We believe that it is beneficial for employees to be in the office to ensure that we provide the appropriate training and coaching, facilitate real-time learning through direct interactions with colleagues and senior leaders via our open concept environment, and accelerate the integration of new employees into our teams. As we transition back to the office, we are currently offering a hybrid work environment with a minimum of 3 days in office, and we will reassess the approach on a as needed basis.
Brookfield Renewable embraces and promotes the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Indigenous peoples and other persons of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions. We also provide accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request. If contacted to proceed to the recruitment process, please advise us if you require any accommodation.